Strong signal between 83W and 61W?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pjcl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Earth
After learning how hardware limit switches work and adjusting them to gain the ability to scan further eastwards (thanks to the invaluable input of Anole, Johnnynobody, and Crackt), I am now trying to find something past 83W. Any recommendations on a strong transponder to lock signal between 83W and 61W? I have physical limitations past 60 or 50 to the east, and right now 83 is the easternmost sat I could find. I know there is very little to watch in that range, but I always like to have at least one channel registered on each sat for reference purposes.

PA cable is now on 83W...the only thing on 72W that is DVB is a Portuguese channel but its hard to get
3997 V 2222

No wonder I'm not getting anything... I blind scanned every degree east of 83 W (up to my limit, which *I think* is about 60 W), and nothing...

Managed to detect signal at 55.5W, but so weak it's not watchable. It may be an aligment issue, or a LOS issue (some trees to the east, although leafless right now). Anyone out there getting this bird successfully around the 90's longitude? Anyway, at least now I know where I'm pointing at.

Give these transponders a try from my open box.
55.5 w 3760 H 2962 63% signal
58 w 3840 H 27690 70% signal
now im pointing into a tree with no leaves and thats the best signal i can get without screwing up signal on my other sats.

i get down to 37.5w from 101. the s2 cw mux on 72w is pretty hard to lock for me even with a 10 foot dish(im thinkint the neighbours pine tree is in the way). so much so i gave up on it. you might see something at 61w. you should also be able to lock stuff on 58w and 55.5w but your declination will have to be dialed in.

crackt out,.

Managed to detect signal at 55.5W, but so weak it's not watchable. It may be an aligment issue, or a LOS issue (some trees to the east, although leafless right now). Anyone out there getting this bird successfully around the 90's longitude? Anyway, at least now I know where I'm pointing at.

nothing at 58W?
Lots of channels (mainly scrambled) at that satellite

61W is hard for me in MN but 58W works great

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts