Stuck motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Reason why I would think a Receiver Issues is that USALS is in the Receiver, not in the Motor.
But if resetting works, it works. :)

Reason why I would think a Receiver Issues is that USALS is in the Receiver, not in the Motor.
But if resetting works, it works. :)

Now that you mention it, I guess it wasnt specifically USALS hiccup but maybe "portions" of DISEQC communications were messed up. As I mentioned in previous posts, GOTO X functions were also broken. The only thing that worked from the receiver was "MOVE EAST" and "MOVE WEST" So I may have misspoke when I said DISEQC 1.2 worked as a whole.

I believe USALS uses GOTO functions.

Now that you mention it, I guess it wasnt specifically USALS hiccup but maybe "portions" of DISEQC communications were messed up. As I mentioned in previous posts, GOTO X functions were also broken. The only thing that worked from the receiver was "MOVE EAST" and "MOVE WEST" So I may have misspoke when I said DISEQC 1.2 worked as a whole.

I believe USALS uses GOTO functions.

Hicks,

That makes more sense.
Especially since the motor moved with the receiver's "MOVE" functions. That just engages the motor's power/directional relays and doesn't involve any DiSEqC positioning commands. So the motor is just free-wheeling with no defined destination, so to speak. That indicates that the motor is not physically bound up, however, that still leaves the question as to why it didn't work otherwise.

I would monitor everything unique that you do with your receiver, any weather conditions (temperature and humidity extremes or winds) in case this problem reappears. If it does, check the LEDs on the motor itself and record what they are indicating when you try to move the motor via the receiver. You'll want to get all the symptoms recorded right away and in detail.

Another item you should check is all of your connectors and cables. If you have a poor connection, the pulse train might be confused and thus the motor stops listening until it is reset. I don't know this for certain, that was just one of the notions rolling around in my head. Just trying to imagine what would cause the symptoms that you witnessed.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again and this was just a fluke. Unfortunately, I think you will see it again.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)