Stupid Question w/ Honest Anwer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Its just part of the Hobby kinda like Ham radio, trying out different stuff.

1) because I have multiple tvs and multiple people in my home who wish to watch FTA on their schedule.
2) because I want to try different boxes with different features to find the box that does everything that I want the way I want it
3) its a compulsive disorder ;)

I thought HAM Radio only beefs up his rig to get better performance and not go after other brand names with almost the same capacity.

Thanks,

Some do but not all.:D

I think we keep hoping for a perfect solution. I haven't seen one yet, unfortunately . My two Merc's are my favorite, but I have other boxes that do some certain thing better. Problem is that you can't tell from reviews how something is going to perform for you, so you just keep acquiring and finding uses for the stuff.
:)

What is the main reason for you guys to own multiple FTA receivers from different brand names?

Take it easy!
Netdvn

no such thing as a stupid question unless it involves asking how to steal satellite TV

main reason I have different brand receivers
-so the remotes dont clash :) Most boxes you cannot change the remote address so if I had two Coolsat 5000's in the same room the remote would control both
-I like to try different brands to see what makes one box better than another. Some brand boxes have interesting features that others may not.
-sometimes you can get heckuva deals on Ebay :)

I have one for HD and 4:2:2
one for convenience with motor
one for convenience through multiple dishes and switches
one for tweeking at the dish
two for different rooms
and a couple more playing around with
also one computer card that is not used to much as I see it unfriendly to me....

Al

of these, I have these brands:
Manhattan Digi Plaza
Qualitv (my favorite)
Pansat 3500s
Coolsat 5000 (3)
Traxis 3500
Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA
Twinhan 102G

I go with Iceberg's First reason... Otherwise remotes clash--- That is why I got 6 brands of vcr's ... Remote problems. Right now for FTA I only have two brands - 0ne is very old and no longer made, a C-band analog and the others are Fortecs because they are in diferent buildings - the remotes can be the same and the OLD brain can remember how to program each receiver -- Now if I could remember which was which in what building and on what birds --- Oh Well....

Last edited:
. . . a few reasons:

3) its a compulsive disorder ;)
I think that pretty well sums it up.

I'd heard that there was a 12-step program, but it was at total failure because nobody was willing to take the first step.

- Any time you have two or more people (or children) you need two or more receivers.
- Then, there is always the answer: "one to watch, and one to experiment with".
- And the ever popular: "this one does the motor better, but this one does the switches better!"
- This got me: "the new one can record your shows and let you make DVDs from 'em!"
- "I found this new dish (beside the road) and need a spare receiver to try it out!"
- "What? Get rid of my old receiver? I've had it for years. I couldn't possibly!"

And as for computer collections, this picture is pretty old and most boxes have been replaced, but the idea is the same.

- :D

I am a gadget hound - I LOVE electronic gadgets - so, when I hear of a receiver that offers a feature that is different than what I have, or if it works better - something in my head says - hey dummy - you "need" one of those :)

RE: The title of this thread... Growing up, my father always told me that there were no stupid questions, just stupid people - which may explain why I turned out the way I did ;)

As dilbert would say,
Scott Adams said:
If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts