coolsat 8000HD early issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeanmary

Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
I have one of those early Coolsat 8000HDs without the USB port and it is Mdl ID 4600C146, H/W ver 1.00.00 and s/w ver 11.14.0A. In original condition. Never flashed or updated. I did get a manual with it. Receiver has always been buggy. Because of that, the receiver has spent all of its time sitting on Galaxy 25. After reading thru the great reviews by Iceberg and others, I understand why it is so troublesome. Locks up, tells me to check the dish configuration, refuses to switch sources, won't maintain settings, etc. I would like to flash the firmware, clean it up and getting it running right. The Coolsat USA site provides the firmware with a date of August 07, no visible version number, but does not provide a loader, and the "factory" loader at the end of Iceberg's review post downloads as corrupted. Is there any help for this box out there? :hungry:

here is the updated factory software and loader :)
need null modem cable

open loader
open software (select .sgn file)
hit start
flip switch on back of unit off and then on
software loads

Attachments

• CSUpgrade_v3.zip
    33.9 KB · Views: 103
  • cs8000-11170a.zip
    2 MB · Views: 110
Thankyou, Iceberg!
Those coolsat files downloaded and extracted successfully.
Should I do a factory default on that receiver first? Or just load it and let it go?

The loader will not run

The loader extracted successfully....but it will not run. The message is "mscomm32.ocx or one of its dependencies are not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". Any suggestions?

inetrestring..that loader is the only one I have for the 8K...and it worked fine for me when I updated the software in my 8K recently

the reluctant loader

What operating system were you running? I am stiil using Win2K.

the reluctant loader

Hi Iceberg....I think I solved it. MSCOMM32.ocx is an active x control and used to transmit or receive binary data....and a search indicated that it did not exist on my hard drive. When I downloaded it to the folder in which your loader was resident, the loader started, no problem. Now, we will see if the upgrade worked.
Thanks again.:)

Im having the same problem with my 6100.
Cant get a loader for it....I heard that the CS 7000 was same loader version.
But Ive called and emailed CoolSat 3 times to post a loader on their site and get nothing.
Is it just me or does their tech support lack?

Hi Iceberg....I think I solved it. MSCOMM32.ocx is an active x control and used to transmit or receive binary data....and a search indicated that it did not exist on my hard drive. When I downloaded it to the folder in which your loader was resident, the loader started, no problem. Now, we will see if the upgrade worked.
Thanks again.:)

cool. Hope it works

If you hit start and power the box off and on with the switch in the back it should download. The front panel will show 00 and count up....when the computer says done...dont do anything. Let the box finish and reboot. Then its done :)

The Coolsat 8000 is looking good now, the upgrade has registered, the BUD is sitting on Galaxy 13 and the Coolsat is the doing the BBC in AC3. Thanks for all the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts