stutter problem...

I do not watch SD anymore so I can not comment regarding those. The HD channels all look good today. The "stutter" problem remains on all HD channels I looked at today though.

Gr8Reb8 said:
I do not watch SD anymore so I can not comment regarding those. The HD channels all look good today. The "stutter" problem remains on all HD channels I looked at today though.

If you've got OTA channels on your voom STB, do me a favor and check to see if you get the stutter problem on those. I think this issue has a lot to do with the STB itself, as I can see the same exact stutter problem on OTA channels too!I'm starting to think that this buggy STB justneeds to be scrapped, and Voom/motorola just needs to design a better box! :rolleyes:

GeneWildershair said:
If you've got OTA channels on your voom STB, do me a favor and check to see if you get the stutter problem on those. I think this issue has a lot to do with the STB itself, as I can see the same exact stutter problem on OTA channels too!I'm starting to think that this buggy STB justneeds to be scrapped, and Voom/motorola just needs to design a better box! :rolleyes:

The stutter problem is there for OTA channels as well. It is not as pronounced as other channels but it is there.

Sean Mota said:
The stutter problem is there for OTA channels as well. It is not as pronounced as other channels but it is there.

It isn't as pronounced as some, you're right about that. Same thing goes for most of the sd, and hd sat channels though, some are worse than others. Since it's there with OTA, wouldn't this then be an STB issue?

Cant see it here

GeneWildershair said:
It isn't as pronounced as some, you're right about that. Same thing goes for most of the sd, and hd sat channels though, some are worse than others. Since it's there with OTA, wouldn't this then be an STB issue?

Went to 311 and CBS on my OTA, now watching HBOHD Breakdown and I can't see it. I all have seen was on BravoHD pixelization.

Bill

Videofx said:
Went to 311 and CBS on my OTA, now watching HBOHD Breakdown and I can't see it. I all have seen was on BravoHD pixelization.

Bill

It's really hard to explain what to look for. It's a small frame skip, every now and then, (it is really slight, and hard to notice when you're first looking for it). I had a tough time finding it at first, but then took the advice from someone else here in this group to look for it during a soccer match on worldsports, and once I saw it then, I haven't been able to *not* see it! It's one of those little annoyances that really bug ya. It took forever to get my wife to see it, but again now she's an expert at pointing it out when it happens.

Stutter

Its there on OTA channels on mine as well, and as I've noted before it has a cumulative effect on my SD TV in the other room, which is attached to the S-Video output. I eventually have to reboot the box. I remember back a while ago, I had an old Unity Motion/Intergra OTA/Satellite receiver on my C-Band dish that exhibted similar symptoms and that turned out to be a hardware issue. I hope this is not the case.

GeneWildershair said:

Gene,

it could a number of things.

1 - It could be the work V*. or
2 - It could be the box itself (hardware) or
3 - It could be something that can be remedy with a software upgrade.

I think is a combination of #1 and #3 because according to Wilt all video related issues will be done with the Work V* is doing on their end (with encoder/decoder) + the software upgrade.

Has anyone noticed an improvement or fix to the stutter since the software upgrade?

Stutter

I beleive I have finally seen the stutter. I was watching Operation Crossbow on channel or 107 or 106 cant remember but when I saw the v2 rocket was going across the sky the rocket would go backward for a second then go forward. Is this it?

I have only noticed this on Cinema 10 and not any other channel so far.

Bill

Well dang, I'm not sure what to do then. I'm glad it's being looked into, but I'd like to order it before the rate goes up at the end on the month, and I won't be able to watch it like it is right now.

deeann said:
Well dang, I'm not sure what to do then. I'd like to order it before the rate goes up at the end on the month, but I won't be able to watch it like it is right now.

I think to many people, they either can't see it, or it just doesn't bother them.it bothers me, and I hope they get it fixed asap. My father was just over the house the other day, and even he noticed it within about 10 minutes into the program we were watching, (motopig) and he asked "why the image seems to jump every now and then." Again it's very slight, but is very noticeable, and once you see it, you'll always see it. It tok me a week before I actually saw it, and I was watching a lot of VOOM, before I noticed it.

Just got my hookup last sunday. I initially was only using the s-video output to my analog Tv for viewing.
One thing I have noticed in my situtaion is that the stuttering would only occur when I was letterboxing the hd signal. When I changed to "squeeze" it would go away.
I then tried a soft reset by holding down the power button on the box for 5 sec, and now no longer experience the stuttering.

That's an interesting find. I don't know it'll work in my situation as the STB will be hooked up via component to a 16x9 display.

My husband called last night and talked to a manager and explained we'd already be subscribing except for the stutter problem. The manager said what we can do is place an installation order on the last day of the month while the lock-in rate applies but schedule it out for the longest install window (30 days) to see if it's fixed by then. If it's not fixed, we'll reschedule it for later. So that way we have our order in place by the cut-off date, but have some room while the fixes are being made. The people at Voom were very helpful and sounded like they were very willing to do what they could to help us and that sounds like a good plan so that's what we are going to do.

ejm said:
Just got my hookup last sunday. I initially was only using the s-video output to my analog Tv for viewing.
One thing I have noticed in my situtaion is that the stuttering would only occur when I was letterboxing the hd signal. When I changed to "squeeze" it would go away.
I then tried a soft reset by holding down the power button on the box for 5 sec, and now no longer experience the stuttering.

I changed to squeeze... Let's see if it changes anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts