stutter problem...

yes, all of those. well, i kinda cant tell the motion artifacts because it pixels up too much.

Just tuned to that station. See pretty much the same.

I will say that that is the worst I have seen in two days since I've had V*, but I'll also add I have seen it before on my D* Sony box with OTA HD and it's always been a result of transmission issues.

I can't believe it's not something the engineers at V* aren't aware of and working on. Lets hope so at least.

I'll check it again in the morning when I wake up to see if it's still there.

Bill

Mr. Biggles said:
I'll check it again in the morning when I wake up to see if it's still there.

Bill

Well, it's still very apparent while I'm looking at it now.

Houston (read V*) we have a problem.

Bill

Well here is what Wilt is saying about these problems:

"These are some of the encoder problems that we're fixing with the upgrades I spoke about a week or so ago.
Very frustrating collection of issues but we're getting through them.
Wilt"

These problems do exist and people are not making them up and there is nothing wrong with your setup. The lesson here is that don't try to be an apologist for anyone, being an apologist will not resolve the issues at hand. You have to say it like it is and like you see it. This is the only way V* will ever fix this problem. By hiding them does not help the issue at hand.

Sean Mota said:
Well here is what Wilt is saying about these problems:

"These are some of the encoder problems that we're fixing with the upgrades I spoke about a week or so ago.
Very frustrating collection of issues but we're getting through them.
Wilt"

These problems do exist and people are not making them up and there is nothing wrong with your setup. The lesson here is that don't try to be an apologist for anyone, being an apologist will not resolve the issues at hand. You have to say it like it is and like you see it. This is the only way V* will ever fix this problem. By hiding them does not help the issue at hand.

I agree. It's why I mentioned similar problems my local OTA station was having showing similar results. They were upfront about the problem, addressed it and fixed it.

Bill

Sean Mota said:
These problems do exist and people are not making them up and there is nothing wrong with your setup. The lesson here is that don't try to be an apologist for anyone, being an apologist will not resolve the issues at hand. You have to say it like it is and like you see it.
There is no question that the problems you have listed are happening on this channel. I didn't see where anyone suggested that somebody was making up these issues, just folks saying that they hadn't seen them on their screens yet. IMHO, one should also caution against the "exaggerists" who see the problem on one or two channels and then claim that it is rampant on all channels. There are people claiming that they have "wavy lines" on all backgrounds, "sparklies" on all stations, artifacts on a all stations, etc. These claims are likely all true for the claimant but they should not be construed necessarily as a systemic VOOM transmission problems. It looks like some problems are encoder issues according to Wilt and others can't be ascribed to transmission at all.

subdude212 said:
There is no question that the problems you have listed are happening on this channel. I didn't see where anyone suggested that somebody was making up these issues, just folks saying that they hadn't seen them on their screens yet. IMHO, one should also caution against the "exaggerists" who see the problem on one or two channels and then claim that it is rampant on all channels. There are people claiming that they have "wavy lines" on all backgrounds, "sparklies" on all stations, artifacts on a all stations, etc. These claims are likely all true for the claimant but they should not be construed necessarily as a systemic VOOM transmission problems. It looks like some problems are encoder issues according to Wilt and others can't be ascribed to transmission at all.

For the record, I would like to state, that I do see the *sparklies*, on quite a few SD channel, not all, or even most, just a few, but they are there! SPikeTv, VH1, are an example of a couple stations that you can see them on pretty much all the time. Also The stutter problem is there on all the channels I checked, (which was a lot). It's just hard to see with some video feeds. It's much easier to notice it on fast moving feeds, (like soccer for instance). It is not my set up either! STB?..maybe, but I doubt it, as others have seen and reported the exact same things I have.

Stttttttttutttttttttter!!!!!!!

Trying to watch Barbershop on shohd(west) and the stutter and pixelation has forced me to give up-come on Voom, let's make these channels watchable-what a joke!!!!

Liz Hurley [Serving Sara] looks mighty fine on Showtime HD East. Is your signal quality OK?

Yes, I can see the stuttering and pixelation as well. The pixelation you will have to wait a while to see it.

Only thing I can say is that they are working on this problem... Hopefully, we'll get a solution soon.

Sean Mota said:
Yes, I can see the stuttering and pixelation as well. The pixelation you will have to wait a while to see it.

Only thing I can say is that they are working on this problem... Hopefully, we'll get a solution soon.

I know one thing Sean, When Voom starts charging me 80.00 for programming the first of April-I DEMAND that the quality improve or else take my equipment or extend my free period until Voom finally gets it sh*t together-this is frustrating-seems as if stutter and pixelation would be the FIRST things Voom should have addressed upon launch-almost 5MONTHS AGO NOW!!!!!-THE NEWBIE EXCUSE FOR VOOM IS STARTING TO WEAR THIN!!!!!

eschu97611 said:
I know one thing Sean, When Voom starts charging me 80.00 for programming the first of April-I DEMAND that the quality improve or else take my equipment or extend my free period until Voom finally gets it sh*t together-this is frustrating-seems as if stutter and pixelation would be the FIRST things Voom should have addressed upon launch-almost 5MONTHS AGO NOW!!!!!-THE NEWBIE EXCUSE FOR VOOM IS STARTING TO WEAR THIN!!!!!

Agree 100%. I want these video problems to go away. As a note, these problems are very recent (two weeks) and were not there before. This is why is good to monitor their signal. They already know about it and they know it is in their best interest to get a solution fast.

eschu97611 said:
Trying to watch Barbershop on shohd(west) and the stutter and pixelation has forced me to give up-come on Voom, let's make these channels watchable-what a joke!!!!

Interesting. I just don't see it and I have been watching the movie for a bit. The only thing I get is the occassional audio drop-out.

If I tune to 311 I see it.

I have had it running all day on every channel imaginable and the only real bugger for me was audio drop-outs.

Bill

Mr. Biggles said:
Interesting. I just don't see it and I have been watching the movie for a bit. The only thing I get is the occassional audio drop-out.

If I tune to 311 I see it.

I have had it running all day on every channel imaginable and the only real bugger for me was audio drop-outs.

Bill

Went back to the flick towards the end Biggles and noticed just a touch of pixelation-problems come and go throughout movie-but even a 10-20 minute disruption period can be extremely ANNOYING!!!!!

Shouldn't be an issue with a service that is almost a half a year old-basic issues we're talking about here.

eschu97611 said:

It must be your equipment, there is no such thing on VOOM! ;) just kidding. Yeah I've been complaining about this stutter in this and other forums, and that's pretty much the response I've been getting. This problem is on many of the Voom channels. Right now I'm trying to watch boxing on HBOHD, and the stutter is even more pronounced than it has been in the past couple days that I've noticed the problem. :no!!! I hope they fix this problem soon!

GeneWildershair said:
It must be your equipment, there is no such thing on VOOM! ;) just kidding. Yeah I've been complaining about this stutter in this and other forums, and that's pretty much the response I've been getting. This problem is on many of the Voom channels. Right now I'm trying to watch boxing on HBOHD, and the stutter is even more pronounced than it has been in the past couple days that I've noticed the problem. :no!!! I hope they fix this problem soon!

I feel your pain Gene!!!!

Heavy stuttering going on, on StarzHD west! Even some pixelation! I've tried rebooting, and factory reset, yet it's still there! :no

eschu97611 said:
Shouldn't be an issue with a service that is almost a half a year old-basic issues we're talking about here.

After watching the Star Trek movie last night with signifigant audio drop out's I'm now taking your side.

Bill

Just got home, and I checked channel 311 which was the showcase for showing pixelation, stuttering etc....and it's perfect now.

Others seeing the same? Did they fix the issue?

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts