Successfully changed the battery in the DSR-920

Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
Just wanted to let everyone know that my neighbor came over today and successfully changed the battery out in the DSR-920 and the VCII board for me.

We used the instructions in the C-Band FAQ's above, and it went very well. The instructions were very clear and readable, and the neighbor said they were easy to follow.

Unit Id's show up and it is working again. :D

Should be good to go for several more years.

Thanks again for all the instructions, help, and encouragement you guys give here.

Fred

Thanks Guys!!

The FAQ's above have been of immense help to me since my beginning in this hobby.

When I first started reading them they didn't make much sense, but now they are very interesting reading. I have read through all of them several times.

Put that with all of you guys helping. How can you lose? :D

So much information here. Just need to look.

I just need to concentrate on getting my family's C-Band setup now. Then change out the dish on the 4DTV, and I'll be set for a while and can play. :D

Fred

I saw Hermitman make a reference to an article about "How to build a satellite system on the cheap" or something close to that. I found the article, but don't remember now where.

It was a good article, and is what FTA is all about. :D

Doing it yourself!!!

Hey chefwan,

I would love to have a 12 foot paraclipse, but I do realize that even I have a few limitations.

I would need to have a wider mount than I have now. At least I think I would.

Maybe next year I could afford to build a wider mount. I have the pattern now, so it would just be a matter of buying the steel angle and making it.

I've got my eyes open for one, and if I find one, I would definitely go get it. I have a lot of room in my warehouse to store stuff until I get around to using it. :D

Fred

Hey chefwan,

I would love to have a 12 foot paraclipse, but I do realize that even I have a few limitations.

I would need to have a wider mount than I have now. At least I think I would.

Maybe next year I could afford to build a wider mount. I have the pattern now, so it would just be a matter of buying the steel angle and making it.

I've got my eyes open for one, and if I find one, I would definitely go get it. I have a lot of room in my warehouse to store stuff until I get around to using it. :D

Fred

Yeah Man. that would be nice. the 12ft paraclipse is a monster. the mount on it is real heavy duty. i wouldnt doubt it to stand some hard winds. i dont have more than 25 mph winds here and mine hasnt lost a signal yet. even when it rains hard. it has crystal clear picture. i finally got the quality fixed on it. thanks to the help of guys on the forum since it's been fixed its great i still have a small issue with the H-V channels but its cool for right now im pretty busy at work ill be off for the rest of the year after the 17th of this month and that will give me plenty of time to fix that problem i think the feedhorn need's to be turned 180 degree's or something to fix that H-V problem but it'll come around i want to find another paraclipse i have my eye on another and the guy wants 75$ for it and the old analog receiver and with a V-box mover? or something i think that's what it's called but hopefully you'll find one. there great dish's

i have my eye on another and the guy wants 75$ for it and the old analog receiver and with a V-box mover? or something i think that's what it's called but hopefully you'll find one. there great dish's

$75.00 is not a bad price for one if it is in good shape. I would probably give that myself. Course the owners don't need to know that. :D

I use the VBox II to move my Birdview. I had it on the Winegard, but the 4DTV moves it all by itself. The VBox II does a great job.

If there's a Paraclipse within 50 miles of where I live, I'll find it. :D

Then it is just a matter of negotiation. :D

Fred

$75.00 is not a bad price for one if it is in good shape. I would probably give that myself. Course the owners don't need to know that. :D

I use the VBox II to move my Birdview. I had it on the Winegard, but the 4DTV moves it all by itself. The VBox II does a great job.

If there's a Paraclipse within 50 miles of where I live, I'll find it. :D

Then it is just a matter of negotiation. :D

Fred

yeah. that is true. but sometimes people do not want to let them go . mostly older people paraclipse has alot of aluminum and most people want to scrap it . i try to even the price up so i can save the dish instead of it going to the crusher or melting down lol

Hi Fred, glad to see you got your battery changed without problems. I like reading your post, everything seems to come around in your favor. We should all be that fortunate? Your post are always encouraging, and makes me want to try something different (to/for me). So, keep those post coming!

Al

Thanks Al!!!

You are pretty much of an encourager yourself. I like reading your posts too.

I think someone watches over me, and blesses me in spite of how badly I might screw it up myself. :D

Fred

Thanks Hermitman!!

That is a great article.

I think I would fall in the classification of a scrounger. :D

Both great links to lots of good information.

Fred

Hey Man What All Did You Guys Do To Change Out The Battery In That 920? any type of battery recommened or what? what was the steps you did

Hey chefwan,

Al is correct in his link.

Those are the steps we followed exactly. We didn't do Jeff's live replacement. We put the new battery in place, and cut/un-soldered the old ones out.

I was nervous, but my neighbor who actually did the work wasn't. He builds motherboards for controllers for a living. He does that kind of thing all the time.

If you follow the directions closely step by step, it can be done. You can screw up the 4DTV board. If it loses power, it is dead.

If you aren't comfortable doing it, don't. Send it in for the replacement, or find someone who can follow directions, and knows how to solder electronics.

Fred

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)