Suddenlink Approved Cable Modems

RealisticDave

Mar 4, 2010
Arkansas
Currently have a SurfBoard DOCSIS 2.0 modem, with Suddenlink 15.0 Internet. I've read on a few forums that people who have upgraded to a DOCSIS 3.0 modem have seen increased speeds, perhaps because of "multi-channel bonding," if Suddenlink supports that? (I've seen one or two posts on this forum about increased speeds with Suddenlink 15.0 service, so perhaps they do support it?)

Did a Yahoo Search and found a list of Suddenlink approved modems. I'm interested in the Motorola SB6141, but I saw on NewEgg's customer feedback that some ISPs didn't support it (perhaps because I believe that it's quite new?). The list that I found from the Yahoo Search is dated Sept. 1, 2010, so does anyone know if there's a more recent list, or if the Motorola SB6141 is indeed supported?

Thanks!

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
If you are getting 15 megs down, I doubt a Docsis 3.0 is going to make any difference in your d/l speeds.

RealisticDave

Mar 4, 2010
Arkansas
Thanks for the comment, Chip. After I posted this today, I found that Suddenlink now requires Docsis 3.0 modems in all their new installs, they just 'grandfathered' those of us with 2.0 modems in. Their website says that a 3.0 is needed for the best performance on their network (or something to that effect). So, I think that I'll see if Santa Claus will magically drop off a 3.0 modem later this month? Cheers!

Suddenlink Help

Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 9, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Currently have a SurfBoard DOCSIS 2.0 modem, with Suddenlink 15.0 Internet. I've read on a few forums that people who have upgraded to a DOCSIS 3.0 modem have seen increased speeds, perhaps because of "multi-channel bonding," if Suddenlink supports that? (I've seen one or two posts on this forum about increased speeds with Suddenlink 15.0 service, so perhaps they do support it?)

Did a Yahoo Search and found a list of Suddenlink approved modems. I'm interested in the Motorola SB6141, but I saw on NewEgg's customer feedback that some ISPs didn't support it (perhaps because I believe that it's quite new?). The list that I found from the Yahoo Search is dated Sept. 1, 2010, so does anyone know if there's a more recent list, or if the Motorola SB6141 is indeed supported?

Thanks!

[FONT=&quot]Hi RealisticDave – My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. Please use the following link to find our modem compatibility list on our help site. Thanks! http://help.suddenlink.com/internet/Pages/CompatibilityList.aspx [/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)