Suddenlink Approved Cable Modems

RealisticDave

Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Arkansas
Currently have a SurfBoard DOCSIS 2.0 modem, with Suddenlink 15.0 Internet. I've read on a few forums that people who have upgraded to a DOCSIS 3.0 modem have seen increased speeds, perhaps because of "multi-channel bonding," if Suddenlink supports that? (I've seen one or two posts on this forum about increased speeds with Suddenlink 15.0 service, so perhaps they do support it?)

Did a Yahoo Search and found a list of Suddenlink approved modems. I'm interested in the Motorola SB6141, but I saw on NewEgg's customer feedback that some ISPs didn't support it (perhaps because I believe that it's quite new?). The list that I found from the Yahoo Search is dated Sept. 1, 2010, so does anyone know if there's a more recent list, or if the Motorola SB6141 is indeed supported?

Thanks!

If you are getting 15 megs down, I doubt a Docsis 3.0 is going to make any difference in your d/l speeds.

Thanks for the comment, Chip. After I posted this today, I found that Suddenlink now requires Docsis 3.0 modems in all their new installs, they just 'grandfathered' those of us with 2.0 modems in. Their website says that a 3.0 is needed for the best performance on their network (or something to that effect). So, I think that I'll see if Santa Claus will magically drop off a 3.0 modem later this month? Cheers!

Currently have a SurfBoard DOCSIS 2.0 modem, with Suddenlink 15.0 Internet. I've read on a few forums that people who have upgraded to a DOCSIS 3.0 modem have seen increased speeds, perhaps because of "multi-channel bonding," if Suddenlink supports that? (I've seen one or two posts on this forum about increased speeds with Suddenlink 15.0 service, so perhaps they do support it?)

Did a Yahoo Search and found a list of Suddenlink approved modems. I'm interested in the Motorola SB6141, but I saw on NewEgg's customer feedback that some ISPs didn't support it (perhaps because I believe that it's quite new?). The list that I found from the Yahoo Search is dated Sept. 1, 2010, so does anyone know if there's a more recent list, or if the Motorola SB6141 is indeed supported?

Thanks!

[FONT=&quot]Hi RealisticDave – My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. Please use the following link to find our modem compatibility list on our help site. Thanks! http://help.suddenlink.com/internet/Pages/CompatibilityList.aspx [/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)