Suggestions on multi receiver/lnb setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HorsPlyrBil

Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
Just got my motorized p* dish up and running thanks to this forum. Used the custom lightweight bracket method thanks to Ziplocks plans.

I need to intergrate this system now into my existing BUD setup and am looking for the correct method ie: switches/diseqs etc.

The system is as follows
1)BUD w c/ku & 4D TV 920.. Motorized p* dish with single output LNB(xtreme II on the way)
2)Quali TV HD FTA receiver
3)Mercury II Fortec receiver
4)satwork 3618 directly cabled to a statinary p* on amc5 (This will not be intergrated at this time)

The setup I'm looking for is as follows

1)Mercury II/ will power the sg 2100 motor on P* dish. P* will provide the ku signal for the Quali TV and Mercury only . The 4dtv will get it's ku from the BUD.

2) Would like to split the c-band from the BUD to all 3 receivers, Quali, Mercury and 4dtv

This is where advice is appreciated

Where will the splitters, diseqs go?

Do I need a dc block somewhere?

Any other tips,tricks?

Thank All

The setup I'm looking for is as follows

1)Mercury II/ will power the sg 2100 motor on P* dish. P* will provide the ku signal for the Quali TV and Mercury only . The 4dtv will get it's ku from the BUD.

2) Would like to split the c-band from the BUD to all 3 receivers, Quali, Mercury and 4dtv
This is how I do it:
http://www.dmsiusa.com/add_a_receiver.htm
I use a couple of 4x1 splitters and 4x1 diseqc switches. Just remember the splitters should be 1 port power passthrough.

This is where advice is appreciated

Where will the splitters, diseqs go?
Doing it as mentioned above, you will have the 1 port power passthrough going to the 4dtv. The other 3 ports will go to diseqc switches for each receiver. If you use 4x1 diseqc switches, 2 will come from the BUD, and the other 2 will be at your discretion from the ku lnbf's.

Do I need a dc block somewhere?
Not if you use a 1 port power passthrough splitter.

Any other tips,tricks?

Thank All
Just be sure and remember to use 1 port power passthrough splitters. And you will need to remember the polarity from the BUD will be controlled by the 4dtv, so you will only get the polarity of whatever channel is on the 4dtv.
Hope this helps?

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts