Suggestions Please

tase2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
I live in a condo that face northeast but I hadd a professional installer come out anyway. He said no way but if I could get permission from the condo association to put the satellite on the roof (ha ha) he could get it to work. Well I figured I could ask anyway and much to my shock and amazement they said Ok for a dish on the roof.

So now the big question is what should I do. I am open to all suggestions.

What my ultimate end result would be is to get a satellite service and a dvr. I would love to record HD if possible, but $1000 is a little steep. I don't even know if there are any other hdtv dvr options other than directv with the hughes hr10-250. Please let me know if there are other options. So I guess I am willing to forego hdtv recording for now which opens the question of what combination of satellite company and what receiver/dvr I should get. I have spent 95% of my research time over at TiVo Community Forum and Directv.com. Of course they are fairly or totally bias. So I thought I would ask around in a neutral site.

I would love to hear what you all think.

Thanks so much
Mark

Dish Network's HD PVR is the 921. It is now $549.

You already know about DirecTV's options.

As far as what to do, check the programming line-up for all providers and go with the one you like best.

Here is a good satellite programming comparison site.

http://servicedesk.dbstalk.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)