suggestions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hawker152

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Kansas
Will be getting D* for my parents soon. They are going to need atleast one HR24 and the rest will be HD also. They are switching from uverse and like the total home dvr feature. Obviously D* has that not. With uverse you can record three HD things at once. I know that the HR24 can only record two at a time.

So my question is this, can you have two HR24s in your house, therefor increasing your ability to record from 2 to 4 HD things at once. If so, will you be able to access these recordings from any tv in the house, regardless of which HR24 it was recorded on? thanks for your answers or suggestions!

Last edited:
Yes, you have as many HR24's as you want on the system and you can watch recorded shows on any MRV compatible receiver from any MRV compatible DVR (any HD receiver or HD/DVR they bring you will be MRV compatible).

You are not guaranteed 24's if you order from D*.
If 24's are a must, then go to a retailer and order service.
You may possibly lose some promotions (like refer a friend) and may possibly pay more for equipment and install.

HR24 has larger hard drive and faster processors.

As far as non DVR's there is no advantage to the H24 other then size.
For some an H21-23 may be better as they have more outputs including an optical audio.

Most of what is getting sent out from HSP's though are 24's.
Just don't expect them if you order directly from D*.

kjlued said:
HR24 has larger hard drive and faster processors.

As far as non DVR's there is no advantage to the H24 other then size.
For some an H21-23 may be better as they have more outputs including an optical audio.

Most of what is getting sent out from HSP's though are 24's.
Just don't expect them if you order directly from D*.

Thanks you! Appreciate all your help today. Just placed the order.

Not always.

There is absolutely no directive from D* on this.

My warehouse has a large handful of HR21,22,23's (mostly 22's) that must go because if we have them for more then 2 weeks, we get back charged.
That being said, nobody is getting 24's for any type of job until the others are gone.

It is first in, first out.
If we get a mix of both at the same time, then we try and use 24's on new installs and the others for upgrades.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts