Sunstar ST-5000HD DVB-S2 HD HDMI receiver for $44 shipped

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here is a pic of the back panel they emailed me:

Edit: Carlos beat me to the trigger.

Well that makes a difference. :) (And thanks to both of you) We could only go by the specs that website has posted. :)

I would love to see an HONEST Iceberg review of the unit. Who knows it might be good.

Whoever buys this receiver will most likely have a piece of crap on their hands. There is way more things that $44 bucks could be used for in this hobby.

I looked at both the front and the back of the unit and I did not find the SCART connector.

It appears that what SatelliteAV said is correct, that the description on ebay is a combination of features on different boxes. The picture of the back confirms there is no SCART connection. Although that remote looks like one shipped with a cheap Chinese box that had SCART.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261086808082

also it claims HDMI yet the picture shows a/v cables??

also in the specs
PHYSICAL CHARACTERSTICS
Rear Panel Connectors:
- 1 LNB Input (2F-type)
- 2 x Audio L/R (RCA)
- 1 x Video SIGNAL (RCA)

dont see HDMI on there....nor the USB connector it claims it has
backpanelHD.jpg

USb input is front right location, we'll have some youtube videos up soon for clarification

How is it HD?

From it's listed specs...

PHYSICAL CHARACTERSTICS
Rear Panel Connectors:
- 1 LNB Input (2F-type)
- 2 x Audio L/R (RCA)
- 1 x Video SIGNAL (RCA)

Composite Video? Not even a HDMI port.

I would hate to see people waste $44.

Again, it's hdmi 1.3 and USB. We are working on the specs, errors were made in the specs, we are aware of it. It does support 1080p, h.264, 720p and dolby surround and PVR. Look for upcoming youtube videos.

backpanelHD.jpg

Ocean -

If you think your unit can stand up to close inspection, send one over to Iceberg for review.
But if it is still a work in progress, you might not want to do that, as all flaws and shortcomings will be revealed.

The seller "paintforcars" has been on ebay for a long time, with good feedback.

It would be interesting to see an honest review of this box. Probably another open/sky/clone/box. But who knows, chinese stuff is getting better all the time.

Link to the same STB on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/OceanSatellite-DVB-S2-Satellite-Receiver-DiSEqC/dp/B0090C5QTO

Does it come with a satellite list for the Americas installed?

Will updated firmware be available for download?

Is it UL approved?

Does it do USALS?

Last edited:
We have to give some credit to oceansatellite coming forward in the forum and give some explanation. This is way more than we have heard from any Openbox manufacturer/ retailer either from China or USA in years. Also, I see they listed their product as a FCC approved. I , as an engineer used to work for a company which deal in a monthy basis with FCC/UL/CSA rules and they usually goes by the law/ books regulations. At least is being review from an USA approval agency and they located in New Jersey. Definetely we will need a review!!

I bought a cheap $39 ,HD stb from china earlier this year (sanken hd-488), broke & out of work . Back of that stb looks like the oceansat's . Listing said it would pick up any fta sat. ch in the world . Haven't / can't proved that wrong ?? . Does DVB-s2 great , Doesn't do AC3 , I can watch all LPB on 87w , but I can't listen to it . Blind scan is real slow , but grabs more ch's & tp's than my Pansat 9200 & CS 5000 . I don't see AC3 listed on the Oceansat either .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts