Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zipcode01104

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
This is ridiculous.

I have HD Service $9.99 a month

I get NFL sunday ticket for $225.00 app.

I call to cancel NFL Sunday ticket when Im told they want an extra $99.00 so you can see the games in HD. (superfan)

They won't cancel they make me talk to retention. I tell them why I want to cancel it and they tell me they can offer Super Fan for free. I agree to that.

3 weeks go by and nothing shows on my bill. I call them back today and they tell me they can offer me Super Fan for $49.99.. I tell them forget it. I refuse to pay extra for HD that I'm already paying for.

So I cancelled Sunday ticket. Ill just watch the local games in HD for free.

Anybody that pays this is a fool.

This is ridiculous.

I have HD Service $9.99 a month

I get NFL sunday ticket for $225.00 app.

I call to cancel NFL Sunday ticket when Im told they want an extra $99.00 so you can see the games in HD. (superfan)

They won't cancel they make me talk to retention. I tell them why I want to cancel it and they tell me they can offer Super Fan for free. I agree to that.

3 weeks go by and nothing shows on my bill. I call them back today and they tell me they can offer me Super Fan for $49.99.. I tell them forget it. I refuse to pay extra for HD that I'm already paying for.

So I cancelled Sunday ticket. Ill just watch the local games in HD for free.

Anybody that pays this is a fool.
Just curious, if they offer the Super Fan for free, should anything show up on the bill? And why call back if they offer it for free? If you have someone saying that its free, and you call back, you are inviting another CSR to change the offer. You could always fight saying that you were given SF for free and now they are trying to charge for it...call BS and maybe they can/will mark the account on their end. I do not subscribe to ST or SF, so I don't know how it would appear on the bill anyway, if at all since it's free.

But if you are not satisfied, they should not be able to hold you to the contract since the season hasn't started yet. You have had no benefit nor have you "used" the product they are charging you for, so cancellation should be without penalty.

i believe my free super fan was on my bill as a promotional credit (or something). i guess it would depend when they offered it to you and when your bill is printed. but my credit showed up immediately in the ``recent activity'' section of my account.

I was told it would show up on my bill.. Otherwise how would they even know someone wanted it? Regardless the whole superfan idea is nothing but a scam

I was told it would show up on my bill.. Otherwise how would they even know someone wanted it? Regardless the whole superfan idea is nothing but a scam

Yes it is, Why should I have to pay for the Fantasy garbage when all I want is my games in HD.
I think very soon, next year or maybe the one after that the HD will be included.

Jimbo

I agree with you guys that we should not be charged for HD with Sunday Ticket. And I agree that the other features of Superfan may not interest everyone. But please stop calling it fantasy stuff. The Superfan extras are different ways to watch the games and have nothing of use for fantasy football players, except maybe the shortcuts which show every play of every game in about 20 minutes.

It is called Superfan for a reason. If you are not a fan that MUST have the games in HD, there's no reason for you to get the Superfan package. Personally, I prefer to watch all of my games in HD, and would even rather watch two crappy teams in HD(Browns vs. Falcons, for instance) before watching "my" team (the Saints), so I am willing to pay the extra price (33 bucks a month just means I won't have those 4 extra shots one weekend).

Superfan also includes some other channels highlighting red zone scoring, and you can receive game broadcasts on your computer too!

33$ a month is cheaper then a ticket to a game - cheaper then stadium season tickets. and you can use your own restroom - no lines! - and beer isnt 5$! hey gotta get up and do a honeyDOO - pause it and resume.

no lines at my house, and the beer is allways cold!

As someone else might have said, why would you watch a game on a computer?

If they took the HD off Superfan and made it free, nobody would buy superfan

Someone obviously isn't a SUPER fan. If you love the NFL, you don't give a sh*t how much it is. Place a few bets, enter a few pools, start a few fantasy teams...WIN THAT $$ BACK...and then some.

If you're an NFL fan, and you know what you're doing, your 50 inch HD, Sunday Ticket w/Superfan, and your favorite team's authentic jersey will eventually pay form themselves...check the spreads and do some homework.

I agree it is a scam it almost seems down right illeagal if you pay dtv extra for hd then one would assume that if they offer anything in hd your covered, but to tie the hd games to sf is definately a scam. If there was a headline that came out saying there was a class action lawsuit because of this i would not be shocked and say they brought it on themselves. I am willing to bet that if sf did not include the games in hd it would pretty much be done away with. I wonder what will happen to when all broadcast have to be hd. if sf is not free i would not pay a nickel for it. I pay because there is no other way to watch football than in hd.

I agree.

I pay EXTRA for HD

I pay extra for Sunday Ticket

I dont get the Sunday ticket games in HD unless I pay extra for SF..

Its a scam and I refuse to pay

I agree.

I pay EXTRA for HD

I pay extra for Sunday Ticket

I dont get the Sunday ticket games in HD unless I pay extra for SF..

Its a scam and I refuse to pay

I made this argument to DTV today. No dice. I explained that I pay for HD and for HBO, so they give me HBOHD within the cost of HBO. Therefore if I pay for ST and HD, I should get all NFL games available in HD (the SuperFan package).

The CSR kept insisting it's different. I demanded to know how and he just kept saying, "It's different." No, it's the same as HBO and HD. They don't charge me an extra 4 dollars for HBOHD, so why should I have to pay 40% of my Sunday Ticket's cost to get NFL games in HD.

dude you're preaching to the choir. I would feel better if they charged 325 for St and you got HD for free

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts