Super Fan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

This is a good summary of the thread.

They're offering a service above and beyond that which is already offered.

It isn't a scam. It isn't illegal. It is an option.

If they lumped it into existing Sunday ticket and increased the price $60 across the board, there would be many more threads.

Next year will be interesting with everything going Mpeg4. Wonder if there will be Superfan deals tied into HD upgrades.

For the next thread, we should comaplain about DirecTV enforcing NFL blackouts, it is guaranteed to be just as productive.

If they lumped it into existing Sunday ticket and increased the price $60 across the board, there would be many more threads.

Next year will be interesting with everything going Mpeg4. Wonder if there will be Superfan deals tied into HD upgrades.

For the next thread, we should comaplain about DirecTV enforcing NFL blackouts, it is guaranteed to be just as productive.

How many people have Sunday Ticket and don't have HD?

Really, I question the value every year of ST as more and more games are showing up on the NFLN and off-Sundays for on free/basic cable.

Think about it:

By mid season you have 1 Thursday game on the NFLN, then 2 Saturday games, four to five Sunday games (4 locals, 1 NBC) and finally 1 monday ESPN game. That's 9 games on free to basic cable.

This weekend we'll see about 6 games for free. So we only get 10 more games on ST. So $2.00 per game this weekend. Not the best deal but not as awful as the deal by the end of the season.

One solution and it'll never happen - ala carte games. I'd much rather just order a few games from a few teams. Lemme watch the Saints, Pats and Niners for say $150 a year. I could not care less about most other teams...

I made this argument to DTV today. No dice. I explained that I pay for HD and for HBO, so they give me HBOHD within the cost of HBO. Therefore if I pay for ST and HD, I should get all NFL games available in HD (the SuperFan package).

The CSR kept insisting it's different. I demanded to know how and he just kept saying, "It's different." No, it's the same as HBO and HD. They don't charge me an extra 4 dollars for HBOHD, so why should I have to pay 40% of my Sunday Ticket's cost to get NFL games in HD.

Well, If you insist, I'm sure that would be happy to charge you an extra $ 4 p/m for the right to have your HBO in HD !!!

Don't give them any ideas !

Jimbo

Last edited:
One solution and it'll never happen - ala carte games. I'd much rather just order a few games from a few teams. Lemme watch the Saints, Pats and Niners for say $150 a year. I could not care less about most other teams...

Don't be so sure that this will not happen ....
If the NFL decides it wants to be available to more than just D* after the current contract is up, anything is possible, I could pay 50-75 to see JUST the Steelers, in HD of course!
I would not do it if the price was $150 for just one out of market team, that would be excessive, in my opinion.

Jimbo

just a quick question...........what if directv charged $250 for the early bird sunday ticket.....if they included the hd games for that price, would you pay? the price would go up 50 dollars after early bird. auto renewals would pay $220. does that still seem equitable if it included hd?

Yes it's a scam. I make a very modest salary and I don't care about the hundred bucks.

I pay for HD 9.99/mo

I pay for Sunday ticket. 225.00

They are charging twice for the same thing

I dont need redzone highlights.

I dont need feeds over a computer.

Yes it's a scam. I make a very modest salary and I don't care about the hundred bucks.

I pay for HD 9.99/mo

No they are not charging for the same thing twice and you disproved your own point you were trying to make. if they WERE charging for the same thing twice you would have typed something like:

I pay for HD 9.99/mo
I pay for HD 9.99/mo

No they are not charging for the same thing twice and you disproved your own point you were trying to make. if they WERE charging for the same thing twice you would have typed something like:

I pay for HD 9.99/mo
I pay for HD 9.99/mo

This is absolutely NOT a reasonable way to structure this package. It's already pricey at over $200, and now they're demanding a nearly 50% premium if you want to receive HD signals. If they want to offer the redzone channel and other "premium" content for an extra fee, fine, but that should NOT be the only way anyone can get out-of-market games in high definition. I'm on hold right now waiting to either get SF added for free or cancel the whole deal. I will not pay a dollar extra.

just a quick question...........what if directv charged $250 for the early bird sunday ticket.....if they included the hd games for that price, would you pay? the price would go up 50 dollars after early bird. auto renewals would pay $220. does that still seem equitable if it included hd?

Thats about what I paid this year, so seeing that is the price, YES

Jimbo

Geeeeez, Stop Whining!!!!

If you don't want it, don't order it and shut the hell up. Good Golly!!

It is what it is. No one is holding a gun to your head.

This is absolutely NOT a reasonable way to structure this package. It's already pricey at over $200, and now they're demanding a nearly 50% premium if you want to receive HD signals. If they want to offer the redzone channel and other "premium" content for an extra fee, fine, but that should NOT be the only way anyone can get out-of-market games in high definition. I'm on hold right now waiting to either get SF added for free or cancel the whole deal. I will not pay a dollar extra.

For the love of God this has been shown time and time again HOW its is a great deal even at the current price structures and does not need to be repeated for the 1000th time. It is also a premium add-on that you guys can easily choose NOT to buy; vote with your wallet and tell DirecTV what you think. A price will not stand if the market does not support it; thus their price is still holding because the market accepts it as a fair deal.

Ok so you're just trolling then.

I pay for HD 9.99/mo

Which gives you access to:

TNTHD
ESPNHD
ESPN2HD
UniversalHD
DiscoveryHD Theater
HDNet Movies
HDNet
MHD
NGHD
and DTV PPV

Per: DIRECTV - DIRECTV HD Access

Provides:
- Up to 14 out of market games every Sunday
- Player Tracker
- Enhanced games (stats and whatnot, requires D10 or better)
- Highlights on Demand (DVR)
- Sunday Snap (formerly Red Zone?)
- NFL Network, 52 preseason games, 8 HD regular season games

Per: DIRECTV: DIRECTV - NFL SUNDAY TICKET™

No, they are not.

...and don't need the other benefits of Superfan either apparently.

TNTHD
ESPNHD
ESPN2HD
UniversalHD
DiscoveryHD Theater
HDNet Movies
HDNet
MHD
NGHD
and DTV PPV

Provides:
- Up to 14 out of market games every Sunday
- Player Tracker
- Enhanced games (stats and whatnot, requires D10 or better)
- Highlights on Demand (DVR)
- Sunday Snap (formerly Red Zone?)
- NFL Network, 52 preseason games, 8 HD regular season games

Per: DIRECTV: DIRECTV - NFL SUNDAY TICKET™

No, they are not.

...and don't need the other benefits of Superfan either apparently.

Ok im done with it.. No trollin. I agree if you dont want it dont pay. Im not paying. To each his own

Good, then the thread can die, and we can wait for the next argument one.

I'd be right along with you if there was some logic to these arguments... calling it a scam or illegal is irrational.

It's a product, if the value of it is less than the price, do not pay.

TNTHD
ESPNHD
ESPN2HD
UniversalHD
DiscoveryHD Theater
HDNet Movies
HDNet
MHD
NGHD
and DTV PPV

This is actually a pretty compelling argument as HD access is clearly defined. However, the soft underbelly of this argument is HD Locals. They are not listed under the package, nor are they extra in areas where they are available.

I hate to see threads like this just die.:D

I've been watching the Red zone channel and I feel it is really cool, but freaking 99 extra bucks on top of what I am already paying(which is MLB EI+NFL Sunday Ticket) thats pretty crazy if u ask me. Its just a lot of money to dish out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts