Please reply by conversation.

armadillo_115

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Virginia
Is anyone receiving Sur Peru and the other 4 channels in the Mux @:
121W 4032 / V / 8333 ???

This Mux was problematic for me on the 7.5 dish,but has been stable on the 10 ft'er until recently.I now see not even a blip there.Maybe it has moved? Things will be a lot more peaceful here at the hacienda if I find it. ;)

Ok,the transponder is still there because I can now get a pixellated mess occasionally.They must have reduced the transmit level for whatever reason.I hope it pumps back up soon. :whip

Rescanned with transponder information from above. Hope this helps.
SAM_6464.JPG
4032 V 8333 :
SAM_6465.JPG
Currently a soccer game...
SAM_6468.JPG

I had every channel working good from 55W to 125W except for that darn transponder that contains Sur Peru.I couldn't stand the whining any longer so I went out and tinkered with the dish today in between the rains.I found that Sur Peru would come in strong if I raised the dish a bit.So I first adjusted the declination and bam...great signal for Sur Peru...but I lost an important mux on 97W C band.

So I returned the declination ALMOST back to the original spot and raised the inclination a hair .Now I have both working pretty well..but I lost most of my KU.Also had some slight lowering of many C band signals across the arc but almost all are still viewable. :confused:

I'll need to do some more fine tuning after every thing dries out...but at least Mama is happy.And my reward for tuning in her favorite channel? She took the remote away from meeeeeeeeee! :facepalm

EDIT: Almost forgot...one thing I noticed today.The bolts that hold the parabolic to the mounting ring are slightly smaller than the holes they go thru.(I used identical sized new bolts,but maybe they were not original)There is just enough play to let the parabolic drop down and reduce the signal,especially on the far sides of the arc.I plan to try some slightly larger bolts or wedge something in there to keep it from slipping.

Reactions: Jason S and FTA4PA
Mount_Painted2.jpg

Just for clarity: You can see how large the holes are in the photo above.(Red arrows on two) The holes on the parabolic are slightly larger than the bolts as well.It's only like 1/8 inch play at the bolt holes...but that translates out to 3 or 4 INCHES of play at the dish.Makes fine-tuning a challenge.

I had previously used USAL to move my motor and encounter this problem. Although this is quick and easy, I discovered going back to Diseqc 1.2 would fix the problem of fine tunining.

Status
Please reply by conversation.