Sure Baby, I"ll Change

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jamey K

Recovering Voomer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2005
West Texas
Yes I changed. My D* HDdvr was installed yesterday. I've spent most of the playing with...setting options...learning to speak Tivo.

I miss all HD channels on VOOM but I couldn't stay for the death rattle.

The hDdvr seem very easy to use. although I don't have caller ID anymore.

Loved to hear some stories from newbies and former Voomers.

It's weird not having the Voom receiver to see anymore but it's nice having a dvr.

So you like the downgrade of service? I'm still depressed because I'm forced to downgrade and go with Adelphia. They are my only choice at this time, since both of the big boys have nothing really to offer me. I'll never buy equipment though, so DTV will never be a choice for me unless they change their policies to leasing like everyone else.

Enjoy your new toy, take care... :)

We are in the same boat. I miss all the HD, but I still have voom hooked and directv looks better. They are both hooked up over Monster cable components(got them cheap cause I work at best buy) on a calibrated RPTV, Voom still beats the crap out of Direct quantity wise but the picture is not as sharp. It is not as sharp as my Cox HD by a long shot, but looks good. If they do not give uncompressed HD when they have the bandwith im out. I really like quantity but after seeing it the best it can be, everything else is not worth it.

shadow_keeper said:
So you like the downgrade of service? I'm still depressed because I'm forced to downgrade and go with Adelphia. They are my only choice at this time, since both of the big boys have nothing really to offer me. I'll never buy equipment though, so DTV will never be a choice for me unless they change their policies to leasing like everyone else.

Enjoy your new toy, take care... :)
Fyi D* is going to start leasing there New Hd-Dvrs by the end of this year

Yeah, I heard that a couple days ago, me is excitied and waiting :)

I was with Voom for 2 weeks. I cancelled with 6 free weeks of service remaining because I could not stand not having a DVR, then I hit a card game ... hard ... and decided to waste the money on my HD TiVo, so far it has not been a waste.

Rumor mill has it that D* will be the HD leader in the nation with SpaceWay1. This would not surprise me at all but I'll wait until I see it. Right now about 70% of my HD comes from OTA anyway ... so it'll take a bit to impress me.

Welcome aboard with the satellite company that is not a cable company. I am sure in the "SD" realm you noted a substantial upgrade in PQ already ... and D*'s is stinking, lol, but it is better than Voom ever got.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)