survey on HD Channel Requests

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
i wanted to know if someone on the group could put together a survey for us Dish Network customers for folks who want more HD Channels like they did with Directv on DBStalk.What HD Channels would you like to be added onto a survey and send this survey to our friends over at Dish Network.

I have some so far let me think of these

FearnetHD
EWTNHD
TBNHD
TelmundoHD
WeathernationHD
The Pentagon ChannelHD
CSPAN 1-3HD
NASAHD
i hope that Disney lawsuit gets settle so we can get these channels
ABCfamilyHD,DisneyXDHD,DisneyHD,ESPNEWSHD,ESPNUHD

HSNHD
QVCHD
GSNHD
OxygenHD
WEHD
OvationHD
The Outdoor Channel HD

I would like to see some more HD Channels in The America Top 200 package let me know what you think of this idea and which HD Channels you would like to see in a survey if someone can put together a survey that would be great.Thanks

I just want all of the premium movie channels, for which we already pay a significant amount, to be in HD. And, I want Dish to stop treating us west coast subscribers like second class citizens.

I'm thinking that at least half of the channels on the OP's "wish list" don't exist.

Outside of the Disney channels, I think one would be hard pressed to find broad interest in any of the channels that do exist.

DISH doesn't have a lot of surplus bandwidth to add HD channels so it wouldn't be wise to go after channels that would just be neat to have.

I'm thinking that at least half of the channels on the OP's "wish list" don't exist.

actually most do exist

FearnetHD-yep
EWTNHD-yep
TBNHD-yep
TelmundoHD-sort of....affiliates do, not national
WeathernationHD-coming
The Pentagon ChannelHD-coming
CSPAN 1-3HD-Cpsan yes other 2 no
NASAHD-yes
HSNHD-yes
QVCHD-yes
GSNHD-yes
OxygenHD-simulcast....sounds like stretchovision
WEHD-yes
OvationHD-sumulcast
The Outdoor Channel HD-yes

actually most do exist

FearnetHD-yep
EWTNHD-yep
TBNHD-yep
TelmundoHD-sort of....affiliates do, not national
WeathernationHD-coming
The Pentagon ChannelHD-coming
CSPAN 1-3HD-Cpsan yes other 2 no
NASAHD-yes
HSNHD-yes
QVCHD-yes
GSNHD-yes
OxygenHD-simulcast....sounds like stretchovision
WEHD-yes
OvationHD-sumulcast
The Outdoor Channel HD-yes

I'm pretty sure all 3 C-SPANs are available in HD. IN BRIEF - 2010-05-17 04:01:00 | Multichannel News

my mistake...yep checked the C-Band list and all 3 are on the same spot

Dumb part...they'll all scrambled feeds. C-Span is still in the clear on C-Band analog but nowhere digitally

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 121
I have to take the side of those who want RSN's in HD on this one. As much as I want Dish to have as many channels in HD as possible, except for IFC if that is indeed available in HD, none of those should be added until more RSN's are in HD for all games. Or to put it another way, put RSN's on that list. :)

but sadly there are 8 channels that pay to be on DIsh/Directv/cable right now so they probably would pay to get the HD feed on too

EWTNHD
TBNHD
CSPAN 1-3HD
NASAHD
HSNHD
QVCHD

I suppose the following are some that could be added:

Disney XD (I guess we won't see this one in a while...)
The Hub
IFC HD (although I am still upset with the commercials and new format...)
Ion HD (I guess it would possibly be better to add the sat feed rather than all the local markets)
MTV 2 HD
Si TV HD (I think it is supposed to be changing names soon...)
We TV HD

The more requests that you can send to Dish network the greater chances are that we can get these HD Channels added.how about adding these HD Channels The Outdoor ChannelHD,GSNHD,FearnetHD,WeathernationHD.I hope that the Disney lawsuit will eventually get done once for all.
Thanks