SV-HD8000/SG-2100 step in degrees or minutes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwwbrennan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
Canada
How much of a degree is a step with an SV-HD8000/SG-2100 combination? Does it vary and is 5 equal to 5 single steps?

How much of a degree is a step with an SV-HD8000/SG-2100 combination? Does it vary and is 5 equal to 5 single steps?

I am confused with the question, there is no count on the SV-8000HD, it does not count like a 4DTV receiver and even if it did, it would vary depending on the motor used. I had the SG2100 attached to my SV-8000HD, but now have the Sadoun 380 motor.

By going to Menu->Dish Settings->Motor->Step Size the choices; Continuous, 1,2,3,4,5 are available. After choosing step size and going to (Menu->Dish Settings->Motor->)Move there is a choice of Stop, East and West. Set to 1 the dish moves very slightly but enough to make a substantial difference in the quality. I am wondering about the amount of movement associated with the 1,2,3,4,5 increments. How many are required to be equivalent to a degree?

It is ~8-9 minutes on this system and I am wondering if it is the same on other identical combinations (SV-HD8000/SG-2100). Since installing it a friend in another province is interested but would like assistance.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)