SV-HD8000/SG-2100 step in degrees or minutes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwwbrennan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
Canada
How much of a degree is a step with an SV-HD8000/SG-2100 combination? Does it vary and is 5 equal to 5 single steps?

How much of a degree is a step with an SV-HD8000/SG-2100 combination? Does it vary and is 5 equal to 5 single steps?

I am confused with the question, there is no count on the SV-8000HD, it does not count like a 4DTV receiver and even if it did, it would vary depending on the motor used. I had the SG2100 attached to my SV-8000HD, but now have the Sadoun 380 motor.

By going to Menu->Dish Settings->Motor->Step Size the choices; Continuous, 1,2,3,4,5 are available. After choosing step size and going to (Menu->Dish Settings->Motor->)Move there is a choice of Stop, East and West. Set to 1 the dish moves very slightly but enough to make a substantial difference in the quality. I am wondering about the amount of movement associated with the 1,2,3,4,5 increments. How many are required to be equivalent to a degree?

It is ~8-9 minutes on this system and I am wondering if it is the same on other identical combinations (SV-HD8000/SG-2100). Since installing it a friend in another province is interested but would like assistance.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)