swanns list of HDTV lookers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
oops this goes with the list

The Olsen Twins: Not So Pretty in HDTV
People Magazine just named Mary-Kate and Ashley -- and Brad and Jennifer -- to its list of the "Most Beautiful" people in the world. However, before next year's picks, the editors should go out and buy a High-Definition TV.

Washington, DC (April 29) -- In its new issue, People Magazine has picked the 50 "Most Beautiful People In the World." However, the publication's editors apparently have never seen the celebrities in High-Definition TV.

People's list includes Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt -- all of whom are on TVPredictions.com's list of actors who look worse through the unforgiving lens of HDTV.

Phillip Swann, president of TVPredictions.com, was the first to report that HDTV has prompted TV make-up artists to search for new techniques to hide the facial imperfections of the stars. Because of the incredible clarity of the HDTV picture, skin problems and aging signs are dramatically visible to the naked eye despite the best cosmetics. Some actors simply look worse in high-def while others actually look better.

"People Magazine has it all wrong," Swann says. "The Olsen twins are adorable, but they are also seventeen. At the age, your skin has more breakouts than an episode of America's Most Wanted. They have pimple problems and it's clear as a bell in HDTV."

Swann adds that Aniston and Pitt still are affected by facial blemishes from their teenage years.

"Pitt is a handsome guy, but if you saw him in real-life or HDTV, which is roughly the same thing, you wouldn't think he was so beautiful," Swann says. "The magazine clearly is basing this list on image rather than reality. Of course, it also helps to get on the list if the celebrity has a good public relations person."

However, Swann says that People's selection of Halle Berry is on the money.

"She's gorgeous. Her skin is gorgeous. And she looks even more gorgeous in HDTV," Swann says.

Also on TV Predictions' "Better" list is George Clooney, Catherine Zeta-Jones and New York Yankee Alex Rodriguez (the last two are also on People's list of the most beautiful.) On TV Predictions' "Worse" list is Cameron Diaz, Britney Spears and Julia Roberts.

"High-Definition TV is now viewed in less than two million homes, but it will one day be in every home," Swann says. "As more people buy HDTV, they will see for themselves who's really beautiful and who's not. Hollywood will have more difficulty creating images based on false realities."

Swann's observations on HDTV have been cited in dozens of publications and broadcast news programs. To see his entire list of actors who look worse or better in HDTV, click: The List

Phillip Swann is President & Publisher of TVPredictions.com. If you would like to contact Mr. Swann, he can be reached at 703-979-2079 or at Swann@TVPredictions.com

Click News to see more of today's developments in new TV technology.

And don't miss our next exclusive story! Sign up today for
'Swanni Sez' -- the TV Predictions e-mail newsletter!

rang1995 said:
"Pitt is a handsome guy, but if you saw him in real-life or HDTV, which is roughly the same thing, you wouldn't think he was so beautiful," Swann says.

Nope he still looks pretty good in real life. Maybe a little more 'average' than on film, but still good. :)

He does have point though. Make up artists really need to step it up. Especially on the sitcoms. The bright lights on stage reak havoc on the actors makeup jobs. The worst that I have seen is on Frasier.

Anyone that reads forums here or at AVS at least once a week can do Swann's job.

It's like he takes what we say, paraphrases it and spits it out on his website and all of a sudden he's the "go-to guy" for HD news and opinion.:rolleyes: Sean, Scott, Wilt and KenH from AVS would blow this guy out of the water if they posted articles on HDTV like this no-talent-a$$-clown.

GeneWildershair said:
just look at the idiots picture on his website...doesn't it just make you want to smack him? And what's with the turtle neck?
he looks like hed like a few slaps from a man. LMAO

astrossuperfan said:
Anyone that reads forums here or at AVS at least once a week can do Swann's job.

It's like he takes what we say, paraphrases it and spits it out on his website and all of a sudden he's the "go-to guy" for HD news and opinion.:rolleyes: Sean, Scott, Wilt and KenH from AVS would blow this guy out of the water if they posted articles on HDTV like this no-talent-a$$-clown.
you got that right! I love saying this.. but im gonna say it again. OK here goes. 'I predict that HD tv set sales will increase this year". "I predict that the number of HD stations will increase". "I predict bandwidth problems for some providers". There now I am as qualified as Philip Swann. Ok pay me.

O and here are my ratings of the stations, please ignore the fact that HDnet is supporting this article ok? I am still impartial. here they are:
#1 Hdnet A++ :)

anyone read the article where he says that people want shorter sitcoms?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)