swapped receiver help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ckone0814

Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
I've been a satisifed D* sd customer for several years. I started having problems with the main receiver connected to a larger screen plasma so I called and reported it. D* tech came out and swapped unit with a new one and the PQ is awful. I looked at the connections and see that the new rcvr is connected via std rca a/v jacks and wires - I no longer have component video out (or audio optical out)!?!?

When I first signed up, I upgraded this rcvr for these features and want them still. Are these still possible to get? Must I go HD or DVR? As I said, I was happy with the SD pq with the rcvr attached through component video but this new box is bad.

I've been a satisifed D* sd customer for several years. I started having problems with the main receiver connected to a larger screen plasma so I called and reported it. D* tech came out and swapped unit with a new one and the PQ is awful. I looked at the connections and see that the new rcvr is connected via std rca a/v jacks and wires - I no longer have component video out (or audio optical out)!?!?

When I first signed up, I upgraded this rcvr for these features and want them still. Are these still possible to get? Must I go HD or DVR? As I said, I was happy with the SD pq with the rcvr attached through component video but this new box is bad.

You did not say what receiver you had and what you got in replace of it.
D*'s SD has not been as good as it should be, I anm hoping that, that too gets fixed when more bandwidth becomes available.

Jimbo

Sorry. I had a Hughes HAH-SA and i got a D11 (I think?). It's the standard-issue D* sd receiver. I called D* and they told me they no longer offer sd receivers that have component video and/or optical audio. I ended-up signing up for HD after they made me an offer.

btw, since I'm getting HD (H20), anything I should know going in? Being installed 1/13.

Sorry. I had a Hughes HAH-SA and i got a D11 (I think?). It's the standard-issue D* sd receiver. I called D* and they told me they no longer offer sd receivers that have component video and/or optical audio. I ended-up signing up for HD after they made me an offer.

That's was probably your best bet - it is true that D* does NOT make any SD receivers w/component outs. I have one of those HAH's & I love it. (not so much for the comp outs, but for the guide, speed, remote layout, etc)
If you REALLY like that receiver, try looking on e-bay for some used ones - I picked up one for a spare before they all became extinct. ;) :)

btw, since I'm getting HD (H20), anything I should know going in? Being installed 1/13.

I'll presume they are installing the 5 LNB at that time.
You may as well get it now, while you can get it witha free install, saving money is a good thing. If you were to decide to buy it outright and do the install, the dish is like $ 100.

jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Not All DIRECTV HD DVRs Need Repairs

Slinmline KA/KU Dish News

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts