Swapping out a dish and LNB, need advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bigdadu

Original poster
Jan 29, 2016
South Mississippi
Hello,

I have a H21/200 receiver in one room and a D11/500 in another room on a dual LNB dish ( with two coax ports). We were recently given a Slimline dish with a SL3S4NR2-01 LNB on it. What I need to know is what all I need to add to the system to swap out to this newer dish? I currently have no power inverters which I'm told I'll need, so which do I need? Also, which splitter do I need to use outside where the two cables from each room come together?
Currently there is a MS3X4WB-P Multiswitch installed. I was also given a SWM (MSPLIT2R1-03). Will that work?

Thanks for any help and advice..

Multiple issues here. In order to use the SWM you need a SWM power inserter to supply voltage to the LNB. Second, if you decide to go ahead with that, only one of your receivers is compatible with the SWM system - the H21. You will have to replace the D11 with a D12 or another Hxx or HRxx series receiver. What type of TV are you using with the D11? If you replace the D11 with an Hxx or HRxx series receiver, you will have to use HDMI, component (red, blue , green cable) or composite (red, white , yellow cable).

:welcome to Satelliteguys Bigdadu!

b52pooh gave you the right advice. A little clarification, you can use either model of power inserter, the 21 or 29 volt model with a swm lnb, but only the 29 volt model with a swm switch. He also mentioned the connections from the receiver/dvr to your tv. That's because there aren't any coaxial outputs from hd boxes. That splitter is fine to use in a swm setup. Let us know how we can help with your new dish!

Thanks guys! This was just what I needed to know. Looks like I'll need to replace my older receiver. As for my TVs, both have two HDMI inputs along with the composite inputs, so I'm good to go there.

Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts