switch configurations when using dishpro quad lnb

delds

Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Ottawa Canada
First I am using Bell TV (express vu) in Canada but we use the same equipment as dish pro.

I need the capabilities of having up to 8 ports, we are allowed with Bell up to a max of 6 receivers per account, but those 6 receivers could be all dual tuners and a dual tuner requires 2 port feeds per receiver.

I am using a dish pro quad lnb, which provided a feed of 2 satelittes, in Bell TV case it is 91 & 82.

I read on one of the threads on these forums that the dish pro lnb defaults to
port 1 - 119
port 2 - 110
port 3 - 119
port 4 - 110

(in my case it would 91 for ports 1 & 3 and 82 for ports 2 & 4)

Now when a check switch routine is performed on the receivers I would get both satelites on every port.

My question is the correct configuration in order to be able to get up to 8 ports.

Now if the quad lnb is disconnected from every single receiver does it default back to configuration of having only one satellite appearing on any given port? If it uses flash memory it would reminder the last configuration even after a complete disconnect, if not flash it should forget and resort back to default if all receivers is disconnected.

Now I would assume it needs to be in the default configuration in order for an additional switch to function such as using a 34 switch, any other switch confirguration work? Another question is if ports 3 & 4 are sent to a dp34 would hooking a receiver directly to ports 1 & 2 and doing a check switch on those change the default on ports 3 & 4? Or you must only use external switches either cascaded or one dp34 on lnb ports 1 & 2 and another on prots 3 & 4? Does it requirer a power inserted on port one receiver output on every dp34 switch or can it work on only power supplied from receivers.

Is dp34 the only switch that will work with a dish pro quad

Last edited:
welcome :wave
I moved this to the Canadian TV forum.

You can use 2 DP34's if you want. They do not need any extra power. You could cascade them or just run two lines to each DP34

so you could do
2 outputs from the quad to the DP34. There's 4 receivers/tuners. Then on the DP34 hook up another one. There's 8 now.
Or run 4 lines from the LNB to the 2 DP34's. It doesnt matter which ports from the LNB go to which switch as a check switch will get ti done properly

Bell are still in the dark ages when it comes to DP/DPP. They literally only just started to use DPP Twin LNBF's late last year and even now are NOT using and have no intentions of using DPP switch's, ever.

I run multiple Dual Tuner Receivers by using a DPP Twin LNBF feeding a DPP44, cascaded to 2 more DPP44's. Results in 12 outputs each capable of running a Dual Tuner Receiver with the addition of a DPP Separator, nice and clean installation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)