Switch for 2ea 18" w/single LNBs on 101 + 72.5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

T G Huppmann

Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
Just an FYI for "do it yourself" types who are currently using a single LNB and would like to add a second dish with another single LNB for local channels. You will need to combine the two LNBs thru a switch. I tried this switch from Eagle-Aspen (Eagle Aspen S-2010-22OD-PE 22 KHz) and the switch works just fine.

You will need a multisatellite receiver - mine is the DirecTv D10. The receiver needs to be working on the 101 sat first. With that done, power the receiver down (pull the plug) then route the RG6 to your 2nd single LNB dish - power up - and line up on the 72.5 sat. using the signal strength feature of your receiver. The 72.5 shows signals on 1-16 ch only. With that done - power done again and connect the switch using the "Sat A" input for the 101 sat and the "Sat B" input for the 72.5 sat. The switch "Output" goes to your receiver.

My D10 did NOT detect the 72.5 sat on the "Auto Detect" feature but it did show the 72.5 sat on the "Test Signal Strength" feature.

You can check your installation for 72.5 sat on channel(s) 495 & 496.
The 101 sat is channel(s) 490 & 491

The Eagle Aspen S-2010-22OD-PE 22 KHz switch costs about $19.95 and may be used inside or outside.

Note: This switch is designed for single (one output) LNBs only.

I think this is a great reference post to let people know how to hookup the 72.5 sat correctly and would like to thank T G Huppmann for posting it here and would also like to thank NEUTRON for PMing me and asking me to make it a sticky.thanks guys keep up the good work................We should have some new forums come Monday and then we can relocate post to the properly forum...................thanks again..............DIGITAL~DAN

Not all multi-sat IRDs are 72.5 capable. I'll have a list tomorrow of all 72.5 capamle IRDs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

couple questions

Using E* dish for D* receiver, is it possible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)