Switch question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I've been looking for a reasonably priced 8x1 switch with weather cover for awhile. Found this one on Ebay. It has a "terrestrial" input which I assume combines European OTA signals over satellite. I have no use for that, but will the switch still work as an 8x1 in the US?

Satellite DiSEqC 1.0,1.1,1.2 switch S8/1PCP-W2 (8x1), Made in EU,4years warranty 8595577602082 | eBay

I would think that a DiSEqC is a DiSEqC but this one just has the added doohickey for the Europeans -

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I tried a plastic utility box and it was kind of a mess; the Pansat inputs are on the top and bottom of the switch. I like that this one has all inputs on the bottom; I can easily ziptie it to the mast of my 1.2m

Just spending a little extra $$ not too big a deal for me.

Reactions: beavs2112
You need a cable management box. 7"x5"x1.5" Outdoor Cabletek Enclosure Plastic Grey Case Utility Cable Box MTE-S | eBay

I have one of these hanging on my dish pole right now, and it fits all sorts of stuff, even powered switches: CableTek CT5 Series Outdoor Residential Enclosure 11x 9x 5, 2 Piece Fast Ship! | eBay

Or look for yourself: cabletek | eBay

I actually have one of those as well. I couldn't get the 8x1 to fit in there along with the coax coming in. Couldn't get it to close. Trust me, I've tried all cheaper options :)

Reactions: beavs2112
You need a cable management box. 7"x5"x1.5" Outdoor Cabletek Enclosure Plastic Grey Case Utility Cable Box MTE-S | eBay

I have one of these hanging on my dish pole right now, and it fits all sorts of stuff, even powered switches: CableTek CT5 Series Outdoor Residential Enclosure 11x 9x 5, 2 Piece Fast Ship! | eBay

Or look for yourself: cabletek | eBay
just kidding ...… but what CN really needs is one of these distribution centers in his basement 003.JPG

EMP Centauri are good switches, I've had my for 12 years, no problems. I have mine is inside, and my "distribution centre" is nowhere as neat as the photo beavs2112 posted! Mine sort of looks like a bunch of spiders squashed together! LOL!

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)