Switch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

leoq

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Hello! I have a motorized 6ft dish/fortec dynamic receiver. The dish -for now- is been moved by a GBox 3000 acting as an stand alone. The problem I have is that, regardless which port I choose C or Ku I still get the same channels. When I scan under 10750 I get the same as when scanning under 5150. The system does not discriminates wether it is a C band channel or Ku band. I set it to get C and the results is the same when I set it to scan for Ku. Is it that there is a Ku version of C and vice-versa? Thanks in advance!!!

Should get diff channels, which lnb do you have on the dish? A separate KU lnb, and C-band or one of those C/KU combo-gadgets? Something ain't switching somewhere, if you got the right devices.

As Turbo implies, you'll have to let us know the hardware you're using. Is your lnbf a C/Ku lnbf with an internal switch, or do you have an external switch to go from C-band to Ku-Band ? Our recommendation initially, is to cable directly to each lnbf connection, bypassing all switches, and make sure the lnb's themselves work as advertised. That should isolate the problem.
:)

Re: Switch

Thanks for the rapid responses... This is the system: Dynamic fortec, 6Ft dish, and finally the LNB (Geosat C/KU). As I said before the V3000 box is acting as stand alone.

does this help?

The Ck-1 LNBF has two outputs. One for C-band, and the other for Ku-band.
You must have a switch (diseqc switch or 22khz switch) to select which LNB you want.
THEN, you need to have each satellite listed two times in the receiver; once for C-band channels, and once for Ku channels.
Selecting the different band/satellite, selects which side of the LNBF you are using.
And of course for Ku, the LO is 10750; for C band it's 5150 (no exceptions).

switch

That is how I have been setting the receiver while scanning sats. I get the same channels on the two bands; C and KU No diference on them... Also AMC - 9 RTN signal is very weak; 29 Quality. Has anyone have had problems with 11735 v 4444?

That is how I have been setting the receiver while scanning sats. I get the same channels on the two bands; C and KU No diference on them... Also AMC - 9 RTN signal is very weak; 29 Quality. Has anyone have had problems with 11735 v 4444?
Lot of folks with RTN issues, they seem to come and go...the issues, not the folks......lol
Let's presume you are trying to scan a bird/orbital location with both C and Ku content, and are using a DiSEqC to select between incomming the C and Ku feedlines. If you only have one incomming feedline you will only get whatever band output it is conneted to at the LNBF. If you are using a DiSEqC and dont have it configured for the correct port on BOTH pages for the appropriate C or Ku satellite, it will not work correctly.
As suggested, remove the DiSEqC (or 22khz if you are using that instead) and feed (let's say the Ku coax) directly to the FTA input and scan the Ku band. Next,manually change the incomming feed to the C output of the LNBF, and do it again for another entry for the same sat/position, but configured for C band receiption. You should now have both C and Ku content, but they will 'appear' to be two different satellites as far as the configuration pages of you menu is concerned.
If I had to venture a guess, it would be that your DiSEqC is trashed and not switching, or you are not bringing in both feeds from the dish. Trashing a DiSEqC happens very easily with the cheapo ones you get with an FTA box. They cant take the transients that occur when connecting them while the DC power is on the coax.

switch

Thanks for your advice...
Leoq.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)