Switched back to Dish

enoree

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2005
Just switched back to Dish, DirecTV pulled the plug on my local CBS station and I also lost the Smithsonian network, I have all my networks I watch on Dish for $59 vs DirecTV for $95, I will watch Smithsonian on my Fire Stick for $4.99 a month. DirecTV and it's games cost them this longtime sub.

Just switched back to Dish, DirecTV pulled the plug on my local CBS station and I also lost the Smithsonian network, I have all my networks I watch on Dish for $59 vs DirecTV for $95, I will watch Smithsonian on my Fire Stick for $4.99 a month. DirecTV and it's games cost them this longtime sub.

Hey enoree, if you haven't yet I would highly recommend using the following link to chat with a sales representative who can help you get started: Direct Chat
-Rosita L

Reactions: charlesrshell
What is crazy is that Dish was installed today and they pulled the plug on Meredith stations today, i might as well pop for a new outdoor antenna, indoor ones are junk.

What is crazy is that Dish was installed today and they pulled the plug on Meredith stations today, i might as well pop for a new outdoor antenna, indoor ones are junk.

Hey enoree! Certainly reach out to our Chat team to review the alternative viewing options available in your area during this time. get instantly connected here: Direct Chat

-Brenda V.

That's the best idea. That's what I do. Dish had a dispute with Hearst a few years back, and I DVRed ABC programming off the OTA antenna that is connected to my hopper. Take the power away from the broadcasters, then you can focus on which satellite/cable only nets are important for you.

............ Take the power away from the broadcasters, then you can focus on which satellite/cable only nets are important for you.

Power to the people!

raised-fist-icon-hand-protest-strike-fight-vector-vector-id509032360

The OTA would be great, except where I live OTA is not available unless I had about a 500 foot tower. According to the websites even a 40 foot mast would only get the local junior college channel.

Nobody should drop any provider over a local channel dispute when the solution is to put up an antenna and get the station for free.

If you don’t like disputes with any channel, switching to dish may not be the best decision based on their history

If you don’t like disputes with any channel, switching to dish may not be the best decision based on their history
I guess you haven’t been paying attention to all the channel takedowns this year. It isn’t just Dish anymore, it is all of them as the providers try to keep their market and money in an arena that is looking for ways to get around that happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: charlesrshell
Nobody should drop any provider over a local channel dispute when the solution is to put up an antenna and get the station for free.

or AT&T, or Spectrum, based on my local market.

I guess you haven’t been paying attention to all the channel takedowns this year. It isn’t just Dish anymore, it is all of them as the providers try to keep their market and money in an arena that is looking for ways to get around that happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have been paying attention. Yes, all providers have their issues but Dish is and always will be the worst offender.

Can’t say Directv/AT&T is doing any better these past several months either.

The cable companies seem to be doing good as of lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)