Switched to YouTube TV!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When a program keeps playing after you turn your roku off, are you using up your allowed Gigabit allotment from your internet provider.
If it is actually playing back, most certainly yes. If it stays paused, probably not much. FWIW: I think YTTV is likely to run through a 1 Gig allotment pretty darn fast if you use it regularly.

When a program keeps playing after you turn your roku off, are you using up your allowed Gigabit allotment from your internet provider.
Roku does.not turn off, will go into sleep mode if you set that up.

But all you do is hit home on the remote and any app stops, no more data used to affect cap.

Reactions: Bobby
Well I liked YouTube TV pretty good, but their DVR aggravated me, so trying out Hulu+Live+Disney+ESPN with Ads, so far I like their DVR much better, can choose just new episodes, can delete episodes after get done, etc. The picture seems as good. Probably gonna make a permanent switch.

Reactions: ncted
I do hope that in the future, YouTube TV will add Magnolia Network, maybe the Vizio channels, a CW channel, or start having my local WTVW Channel 7 CW channel at least.
And the price will keep going up and soon you'll be right back where you started but without the conveniences, like a functional DVR for instance, that you had before. I find it hilarious how people want to "cut the cord" to save money and then expect, or at least hope, the new service adds in all the channels it left out in order to keep the price down in the first place. Good luck with that.

• Love
Reactions: AZ. and MartyDe
In addition to the price increase, I just got an unskippable ad on the DVR recording of F1 Qualifying from earlier today. Anyone know if Hulu Live has this "feature?"

Well I liked YouTube TV pretty good, but their DVR aggravated me, so trying out Hulu+Live+Disney+ESPN with Ads, so far I like their DVR much better, can choose just new episodes, can delete episodes after get done, etc. The picture seems as good. Probably gonna make a permanent switch.

Do you know if Hulu + Live TV include multiscreens of its carried premium-movie programmers—HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Showtime?

In addition to the price increase, I just got an unskippable ad on the DVR recording of F1 Qualifying from earlier today. Anyone know if Hulu Live has this "feature?"
They were having DVR issues-

with RSN's in SoCal, YTTV wasn't a good option for us. I didn't feel like the video quality was better than DTV either. In fact, YTTV seemed like the lowest quality video streaming of the streaming services that I tested (Fubo, Hulu, Spectrum.)

with RSN's in SoCal, YTTV wasn't a good option for us. I didn't feel like the video quality was better than DTV either. In fact, YTTV seemed like the lowest quality video streaming of the streaming services that I tested (Fubo, Hulu, Spectrum.)

It certainly wasn't known to be the best, but seemed better than Mom's DirecTV for sure.

Either way, they're implementing transcoding changes to improve PQ.

They were having DVR issues-

Well, the weird thing about that was the DVR label on the show I was watching.

Well, the weird thing about that was the DVR label on the show I was watching.
Yeah, you were not the only one based on posts in reddit.

Hopefully it is fixed, I never use the dvr anymore, so I would have no idea.

Watching the F1 race now with Stats for Nerds turned on. vp9 must be really efficient based on the tiny amount of actual network activity I am seeing.

The PQ is terrible today TBH. I thought it might be the upgraded YTTV app on my AppleTV, so I switched to Roku Ultra, and it looked just as bad. So, I thought maybe it is YTTV, so switched to my antenna feed, and the broadcast looks just as bad. Not much YTTV can do if the source looks bad to begin with.

Indy 500 Pre-Race show looks great in comparison. I realize some of that is due to 720p vs 1080i, but it can't all be just down to that. Measured throughput at my router for the AppleTV is about twice was it was for the F1 race.

Indy 500 Pre-Race show looks great in comparison. I realize some of that is due to 720p vs 1080i, but it can't all be just down to that. Measured throughput at my router for the AppleTV is about twice was it was for the F1

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys