Switches Simplified

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
My EMP Centauri 8X1 works well following a standard 4X1 Diseqc switch - so:
FTA ---- 4X1 ---- (4 EMP Centauri) 8X1 = 32 LNB's (universals OK)
FTA ---- Ecoda 22 khz --- (2) 4X1 --- (8 EMP Centauri) 8X1 = 64 LNB's (NO universals)
Bob

Part of my setup:

FTA ---- 4x1 ---- port1 - EMP Centauri 8x1 + 8 22KHz switches = 16 LNBs (No universals).

Other 3 ports have Star Choice LNBs, but each one could have the same setup for a total of 64 LNBs.

Edit: The EMP Centauri 8x1 switch can use DiSEqC 1.1 (committed/uncommitted settings) or DiSEqC 1.2 where it emulates a motor positioner for each of its eight ports (the GOTO nn reference).

Last edited:
Here is one that I painted up (very poorly) but anole will update it to look spiffy :)

16 LNB's to 4 receivers using 8 4x4 multiswitches and 4 8x1 diseqc switches

Attachments

• untitled 2.JPG
    untitled 2.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 184
And I just sent 'em back saying: Post 'em! They're great! And we're done!
Didn't realize he was going to do such neat drawings in Paint.
I was expecting word-descriptions, or maybe scanned-in gravy stains on napkins. - :)
They were just beautiful, as-is.

I did write up some switch tables, but anyone building anything that complicated can probably do their own! ;)

I know I did volunteer to do more pictures, but some of those Ice drew up would take up SO much paper with real icons, and keep me up 'till the cows come home.
And again, anyone getting into this complicated stuff should know what he's doing by now!

hint: LNB to the left side of the 4x4 is 22khz off, and the LNB to the right, is 22khz on.
I had that wrong or inconsistent before, and have since edited all my pictures to comply.

Last edited:
If your receiver supports Diseqc 1.1 you have the ability to add 4x1 diseqc switches to the inputs of the 8x1 for easy 3 LNB additions (I say 3 as if you go from 8 to the next step up yoiu would unhook the LNB in a port and hook it to the 4x1 so you'd go from 8 to 7 (unhooking the cable to hook up a 4x1) to 11

You feasibly could get 32 LNB's on this setup (or 64 if you added a bunch of 22k switches) ;)

Attachments

• untitled(2).JPG
    untitled(2).JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 166
if you print out the thread it won't show the attachments (the pictures)

you can save the pictures to your desktop for easier review

Since I got my camera, scanner and printer working again ... I have been printing and printing. The pictures are easy, the threads have been copy each "reply" to Word then printing that. The banner ads with ActiveX lock up my computer on printing.

Thanks Iceberg for your good work esp. as a moderator:):up:):up:)

If your receiver supports Diseqc 1.1 you have the ability to add 4x1 diseqc switches to the inputs of the 8x1 for easy 3 LNB additions (I say 3 as if you go from 8 to the next step up yoiu would unhook the LNB in a port and hook it to the 4x1 so you'd go from 8 to 7 (unhooking the cable to hook up a 4x1) to 11

You feasibly could get 32 LNB's on this setup (or 64 if you added a bunch of 22k switches) ;)
Tony, Did you mean outputs?
Bob

Thread on pdf for easy printing

Thanks, Anole and the rest. I am now more confused, but I have read this thread about times and I am begining to understand. You have incorporated the answers to question in the thread and that is appreciated. I hope this can be built into a sticky.
Thanks again. OH YEAH -- the reason I was replying::: I tried to print the thread, but my connection crashed before it started. I do not know if I caused the crash or if the sever added too much. Is there an easy way to print out the thread?
TNX, POP

I thank all of you guys for the interesting and instructive threads for us trying to understand better the world of satellites.

Attachments

• SATELLITE SWITCHES SIMPLIFIED.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,712
Interestingi PDF.
A few extraneous bits in there, but I guess it's the glass half full! ;)
I'm sure lots of people will find it useful on a one document form.
I'll print it out and give it a try , later.

Thanks for taking the interest and contributing. :up

Interesting this would come up.
But, no reason to not address it.

I consider the LNB connectors as outputs of signal.
They connect to the four inputs of the 4x1 switch...
...and then the one switch output connects to the LNB or input connector on the FTA box.
As you say, signal flow.

But then I take a hard line on the terms upload and download, too.
I won't belabor the point here, but my computer (that's the key point: my computer), either uploads TO the internet, or downloads FROM the internet.
Likewise, if I'm flashing my FTA box, I upload the new .bin file TO the receiver!
Or when flashing a new BIOS, I upload the new .bin file to the flash-rom.

But, we won't get into that one in this thread . . . :D

I thank all of you guys for the interesting and instructive threads for us trying to understand better the world of satellites.

And I sincerly THANK YOU:up:up:D for the great job of converting all that to a .pdf. I can see and mark up paper better than the computer screen.
AH for the old days when the output was on paper from the line printer! And when we went from machine language to fortran and pascal!
This new windows stuff --:yikes I could not get it to print - so THANK YOU :eureka:)

I Am having a similar problem, Have you found an answer yet? If so would like to know the solution

On a 4X8 multiswitch, say a powered SAM4803, does it pass the 22khz tone to the 22khz side? Inputs, I guess you would call them... Then you could see the high band of a universal LNB, correct?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts