Switching a KVH S3 from Dish Network back to Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

2whitlocks

Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
Las Vegas Nevada
I just purchasd a motorhome and the previous owner had installed a KVH S3 and set it up for Dish Network, i have Directv. I have checked on KVH's website and they only have standard install and operations manual, and they do give instructions on how to set the dish up from the factory default(Directv) to Dish, but nothing on converting it back. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do it? I purchased a 9 pin serial cable, so i can connect. Just not sure where to go from there? Thanks in advance

Hi there, 2whitlocks,

I saw your post this morning and wanted to follow up with you. First, I just wanted to be certain that you had the correct manual. You'll need the TracVision L3/S3 owner's manual. Unfortunately, the satelliteguys bulletin board doesn't seem to be letting me include URLs in my post so I'm not able to link you directly to it. Instead, the easiest way to find the right manual is to visit KVH.com, click the "Support" tab followed by the "Product Support Library" link. From here, you can choose "Manuals" and then download the correct owner's manual. The instructions to make the service change are available starting on page 2-17.

If you have any questions or need assistance, I invite you to contact one of our factory-trained technicians nationwide our our technical support team with a searchable dealer database and multiple tech support contact options also available when you visit the KVH web site and click the "Support" tab.

Hope this helps and that you enjoy your KVH TracVision.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)