OMG!!! I switched to U-verse.. I WANT MY DISH NETWORK BACK!!

ouch1234

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Norman, Ok
Forgive me Jesus for I have sinned... I switched to U-verse 3 days ago, and my life watching TV has been a living Hell ever since.

Is there a Dish Rep here that can help me get switched back to Dish Network? U-Verse gave me a 30 Day to cancel if I'm not happy with their product, which I'm not happy. I'm really needing to get switched back ASAP if someone can help. I hope I can get a new customer promo since I was an AT&T DISH customer before. I want to go directly through Dish this time.

Thanks

I want the Hopper w/2 additional joey TVs. 120 package.

Last edited:
What issues are you having with U-Verse? I switched to them from DirecTV back in September and I've had no issues with them.

Their DVR's suck big time. Since you switched from Direct TV , you wouldn't notice the difference as much as a person switching from Dish Network. Dish Network has mastered their programming on their DVRs . It's so simplified, but yet so far advanced than AT&T's and Direct TV's . Who ever created AT&T's programming of their DVR should be shot . It's the most useless thing I've ever used. It lacks so many options that Dish offers. I could go on and on about why it sucks, but I won't. I just want my Dish receiver back.

My advise to anyone thinking of switching to U-verse from Dish Network is to go to a friends house or a store that has a display set up, and sit down and go through all the remote settings. I promise it'll drive you mad. For example: Using the Skip button requires at least three pushes per commercial. It only skips 14 seconds per push. Then there's a long pause before the TV starts running after you push skip. You lose so many more additional options, Just to get to your favorite channels guide, you have to navigate through the menu button every time you look at the channel guide . I'd highly recommend writing down all the options you like about Dish's settings and features, and then go play around on a U-verse to compare the difference. You'll quickly find out U-verse is lacking the option or it takes a lot of navigation to get where you're going.

I'm going to be making a video operating the U-verse DVR to post on Youtube and help other victims like myself before they make the switch.

Last edited:
I had a friend switch from TWC to Cincinnati Bell FiOptics (almost the same as Uverse). He went back to TWC in a week because the DVR on FiOptics sucked in comparison to TWC. And TWC DVRs are absolute GARBAGE! :D

Had you asked here before you would not have sinned.;)

Last edited:
I think this is one of the fastest turn around's I've ever seen. Hope DIRT can help you and then you can get a new Hopper and all kinds of fun things. That is if you can be considered a "new" customer.

Sounds like me three years ago. I believe it takes six months to get the "new customer" promotions. I had uverse for seven months and hated every moment of it. Coming back to Dish was a great relief. It's like the old saying you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I was actually a AT&T Dish Network customer.. So there's a chance I may get the new customer promo. I will do a lot of begging. They'll usually give in to get me back as a customer.

It can happen, although in my case it was a few years ago. I was able to get out of bundling and switch over to a Dish account. I was given a new account number and all new customer discounts.

Good luck!!!

I had a friend switch from TWC to Cincinnati Bell FiOptics (almost the same as Uverse). He went back to TWC in a week because the DVR on FiOptics sucked in comparison to TWC. And TWC DVRs are absolute GARBAGE! :D

At least with cable DVRs you have the choice of getting a TiVo.

I went and reconnected a Dish customer after 2 weeks of going to Comcast cause they hated how Comcast worked. Now the ignorant part and the part that enraged me was that the comcast tech cut both double lines (BRAND NEW) going into the crawlspace right at the damn hole to run a thick new orange cable from the yard box to the house rather than drill his own damn hole!!!! I was pissed to say the least but managed to drill a new hole about 2 feet lower and stick what was left into the new hole and make connections still inside but to cut the old lines rather than drill a new hole really made me mad and I pointed it out to the customer as well and yep he got just as mad as me about how stupid their tech was.

It seems to be a mandate amongst cable techs that they sabotage any existing satellite cabling to make it as difficult as possible for a future switch back to anything but cable.

I want my, I want my, I want my Dish TV. :D

MTVDISH.jpg

More often than not you'll hear from customer "Can you use existing holes? I don't want any more/new holes in my house" so don't be hasty calling techs lazy ;)