OMG!!! I switched to U-verse.. I WANT MY DISH NETWORK BACK!!

Just talk to DIRT and see what you can find out the correct info direct from them. We are all speculating here, and don't know for sure. If you are married it may be time to put the account in her name. She would be a new customer for sure.

More often than not you'll hear from customer "Can you use existing holes? I don't want any more/new holes in my house" so don't be hasty calling techs lazy ;)

This guy was lazy and stupid - the customer was one of those types that didn't care where you put holes so long as TV worked and the conditions of the inside of the home certainly verified that (rather dirty and junk ridden).

We'll just put the service in my wife's name and use her cell number. They don't care about the address since people move in and out of properties all the time. The old account was in my name.

Back when I got U-verse there were no contracts and Dish required six months for new customer promotions. So I had seven miserable months with it! I will admit that U-verse Internet is great though 45/6 and no caps. Much better than Charter!

For people that want to switch, I would just watch video's on YouTube with bad freeze-ups and pixelation issues, Just search for Uverse reviews, or you can try it out for yourself but don't cancel your Dish service but just suspend for a month or so

Tomato, tomato in this situation. There's going to be good and bad stories from each company. Three different people are shocked at how well my Dish service works, as they had LOS issues with Dish and lost their heads after weeks of service. In my area, the DirecTV customers are losing their heads over the same issues. But my in laws, who live a 10 minute drive away, have excellent DirecTV service.

You should be able to restart your Dish service but you will not get any kind of promotions. You will have to wait 90 days in order to qualify as a new customer and get those promotions. I wouldn't hurt to ask what kind of upgrade promotions they have for you but I wouldn't expect any big programming discounts.

I agree about AT&T TV service, my brother had it and it was terrible. I remember using it when I would stay there for a weekend and it drive me crazy. The remote and DVR functions were not as easy to use as Dish and I thought the HD quality was crap. Lots of digitizing on scenes with lots of motion.

I would never switch to any other service right now other than possibly DirecTV since they are the most comparable. We have Mediacom in our area and I hate it. I don't have their service but a lot of our customers do and we have to help them with issues a lot because they either bought their TV from us or they just know we are knowledgeable enough to help. Mediacom is notorious for going to a customer's home for a service call and telling them it's their TV and not the service. LOL, right.

I thought Uverse did not have a contract?
I'm 99% certain that it does. In our old neighborhood, we'd get door-to-door ATT Uverse salespeople and I always listened to their pitch (but never bit).

Double-checked their website and, at least in order to get the "deals", you have to sign a 1-year contract.

As his thread title says, he wants Dish service back (in all-caps too). If he wanted a H/J system, he could have upgraded for less than $100 (maybe $50). Admittedly, it may work different since he was an ATT/Dish customer and not a direct Dish customer.

Safe to presume at this point that the Dish equipment has been returned ?

There are a few things to consider...

#1 It takes Dish and Directv several days to ship out recovery boxes. They purposely wait a few days before shipping them to give you time to go back, and for them to solicit you to switch back. Once the boxes are sent back, its pretty much game over because its just not as simple as sending out a technician to hook everything back up. And the provider now needs to decide if they want to provide you with new equipment, or if they need to require a new 2 year contract for that equipment.

#2 Even if Dish shipped the equipment return boxes the same day, its unlikely it was returned within 3 days of disconnect.

Uverse would not go on the guys roof to take down the Dish, its likely they either ran all new wires, or connected in at the central distribution point.

Should be simple enough to go back to Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)