Switching back to DTV, Receiver Q...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dillinger

Original poster
Jul 31, 2009
Va
Hi,

I'm switching back to Directv soon. I own a HR10-250 HD DVR receiver and a HDVR2 receiver from when I left in 2007.

The question....

Am I going to have any problems incorporating these receivers into my new install?

Thanks,
Don

The HR10-250 is no longer a HDTV DVR it only uses MPEG2 signals and HDTV is now MPEG4 on Ka band. Depending on how long it has been since the receivers were used you might need to upgrade the cards.

If your new system is a SWM system the old receivers are not compatible.

The HR10-250 is no longer a HDTV DVR it only uses MPEG2 signals and HDTV is now MPEG4 on Ka band. Depending on how long it has been since the receivers were used you might need to upgrade the cards.

If your new system is a SWM system the old receivers are not compatible.
The HR10 can still record OTA and is a very good SD recorder.

The OP should not get an SWM LNB in his install, if he plans to keep the HR10 active.

The HR10 can still record OTA and is a very good SD recorder.

The OP should not get an SWM LNB in his install, if he plans to keep the HR10 active.

Reading the info here, being in Virginia, I would require a 5lnb dish to receive all my channels. Can I still go with an old 3lnb and use my old receivers?

Or

If I go w/ a new setup I will get a current HD DVR from D*, can I still use the HR10 and HDVR2 on the kids tvs to receive a majority of the channels? Will D* exchange these old receivers for new ones, or do I have to sell them to someone that can use them and go w/ all new receivers?

Thanks.

To continue to use your legacy receivers you'll need the non-SWM lnb on the dish. This would be the Slimline SL5 dish. Then inside the house you add a WB68 multiswitch to get more than 4 tuners.

Status
Please reply by conversation.