Switching from Pegasus...?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wahoo

Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
Does anyone know the truth about the Pegasus to DirecTV transfer? I established service with what I thought was DirectTV (but was really Pegasus) two weeks ago. I bought the equipment from Circuit City and have not yet mailed in the rebates, (Who would I mail them to Pegasus or DirectTV?)

Now DirectTV has sent me a consent form to transfer over to them...

I called DirectTV and they told me that I should send this form in and it transfers the account, and I won't get hit with any fees from pegasus (cancellation fee etc.)

However, I called Pegasus and they told me that what DirectTV is doing is illegal and that if I send the form in I will get hit with a $250 fee and will lose service for up to a few weeks until DirectTV activates my account.

Who is telling the truth? I noticed Pegasus already sent me a bill and are charging me about $5 more per month than if I went directly through DirectTV. So I want to do the switch...but not get hit with cancellation fees. Also where do I mail my original rebate form for the purchase of the equipment?

If I make the switch do I still get the 29.99 /mo rate for the first six months?

Thanks for any help

If it is one of those freebie 12-month newbie deals, I think you're stuck for the next year since the contract is with Pegasus. The only possible escape I can think of would be to pay full value for the equipment, tho you'd be better off getting the rebates and going thru the year with Peg.

Directv is telling people that it could take all Summer before they finish switching everyone. We faxed 2 days after switching was ruled ok and haven't heard back (9 days later.) They sent an extra copy of the form for unknown reasons, took them 5 days just to pop that in the mail.

A bankruptsy Judge in Maine has control of Pegasus' Bankruptsy hearing. Directv can't take control of Pegasus customers until at least the end of August so pay your bill and hope for a fast judicial decision, and a smooth transfer. Go to www.dbsforums.com and click on newslinks there is a story link on it now.

As I understand it, if the customer gives written permission, directv can take over accounts now. Without it, they take over on Aug. 31.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts