SWM 16 install

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Are you have a technician come out bring the boxes because if you are all the hardware comes with DirecTV and no additional cost you just paying for the insulation if not it's free

Only one cable from the swm16 to the Genie, and one for each dvr from the splitter (off the swm16) to the dvr. You don't have to connect the DECAs. Whole home isn't required to be installed afaik, but you do have to pay for it when you have a Genie.
i have none of those 2 way splitters .......dang it
might try without them.......can it hurt anything ?
thanks

i have none of those 2 way splitters .......dang it
might try without them.......can it hurt anything ?
thanks

The Genie connects to swm1 on the swm16, no splitter needed. The other dvrs connect to a splitter off of swm2 on the swm16. You need a splitter big enough to accommodate the number of dvrs! Remember to cap the unused ports with a 75 ohm terminator.
Edit: If you don't use a splitter, you can connect only the Genie and one of the dvrs, or two dvrs without the Genie.

i did it
used both wires with the b bands removed. putting both rg6 cables to the boxes and the six rg6 1x8 splitters on swm 2. seems to work just fine.
after i switched all the wires around,switch the sat setting to swm 5 (#18), they went thru all the BS and rebooted. bingo
thanks for all the replys guys

but i would need those DIRECTV 2 way splitters.
did not have them .......but the wires were right there

moot point. From the splitter you only need one cable to the DVR. So you would only need 3 lines form the 1x8 splitter to the 3 DVR's. Just cap the other ports

but i would need those DIRECTV 2 way splitters.
did not have them .......but the wires were right there

You should have a splitter connected to the swm2 port, then ONE cable from the splitter to each dvr, no more than four dvrs on the splitter.

moot point. From the splitter you only need one cable to the DVR. So you would only need 3 lines form the 1x8 splitter to the 3 DVR's. Just cap the other ports

well when i get time i'll take the extra wire off the dvr's, and see how it works........... tired now
all the wiring diagrams look like this

post-31191-136593680809.png

ok the dish will work......thanks

since i won't use the whole home set up, can i just remove the b band converters and hook up the 2 rg6 cables to the dvr's and put the 2 rg6 cabes to one of the 1x8 splitters ?
thanks
Hang on....SWM allows use of ONE coax to each DVR. Slimline requires one coax to each tuner of the DVR and b-band converters.
The SWM eliminates all of that.
One caution. Your receivers must be SWM compliant to use a SWM set up.

I guess you missed post 1 where he mentions equipment

wanted to get it going before the Genie gets here. have 3 HR-20 100 now in the system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts