SWM 771 & 775 errors

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No. The power inserter supplies voltage to the swm16 switch. Your power inserter should be a 29 volt model.

This "static electricity" thing is unfortunately a load of BS.....

Actually a bad SWM16 can cause all sorts of problems. Random 0's on transponders, 771, 775, and 776 errors. Random loss is Internet, random loss of MRV, list goes on and on ;)

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

To the OP. Can you confirm your PI is the 29v one? If you are using the 21v power inserter, you can get this sort of issue.

Problem resolved

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that the problem has been resolved. My SWM (aka SWiM) power inserter box which is model P121R1-03 apparently had failed. As you could see from previous posts, I was getting error codes 771 and 775 on a continual basis. The workaround was to unplug both coax cables (to touch the stems for removing the static electricity) and then to unplug the SWM until the gren light disappeared (about 45 seconds). After plugging everything back in I was able to watch TV without errors for about 24-hours.

I decided to purchase a new SWM off eBay and got a brand new one in the box for $12 and that was with free shipping. I plugged the new box in several days ago and have not had any errors since.

SWM ODU only SWiM
Model: P121R1-03
Freq Range: 2-2150 NHZ
Ins. Loss: 1.5 db type
Inupt: 100-120V *0.6A 60HZ
Output: 21V...1.2A max/25.2W
Lot: 121004

I'm glad you got it fixed, but I want to confirm your setup. What equipment do you have, Genie and what other equipment?

I have 1 genie (which has the DVR built in) in the living room and 3 of the small receivers in the bedrooms. I'm not at home to give you the exact specs of the small receivers but they are about 4"x6" with a blue light that comes on.

So you have the Genie and three clients. You have the correct power inserter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts