Synching Sony Walkman With iTunes Library

Steve Mehs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Marilla, NY
I just bought myself a nice 16GB Sony Walkman MP3 Player so I can ditch the iPod Classic. I have quite a bit of purchased music from iTunes (all iTunes Plus DRM Free) that I would like to transfer over and sync. I tried opening up the iTunes stuff in Windows Media Player but I can't get it to. When I go to 'Add Music To Library' in WMP I have it selected to look into my 'Music' folder in the 'iTunes' directory. When I click OK the 'Add to Library' window pops up and it scans through all the files but adds none of them to a music library. Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Basically what I want to achieve is having the Walkman sync to WMP just like iTunes syncs to the iPod, and have the Walkman play the iTunes downloaded stuff. I'm able to drag and drop the music to the MP3 Player without a problem, but I'd rather have it sync, and to do so just using WMP or the Sync Center, no third party software.

I just bought myself a nice 16GB Sony Walkman MP3 Player so I can ditch the iPod Classic. I have quite a bit of purchased music from iTunes (all iTunes Plus DRM Free) that I would like to transfer over and sync. I tried opening up the iTunes stuff in Windows Media Player but I can't get it to. When I go to 'Add Music To Library' in WMP I have it selected to look into my 'Music' folder in the 'iTunes' directory. When I click OK the 'Add to Library' window pops up and it scans through all the files but adds none of them to a music library. Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Basically what I want to achieve is having the Walkman sync to WMP just like iTunes syncs to the iPod, and have the Walkman play the iTunes downloaded stuff. I'm able to drag and drop the music to the MP3 Player without a problem, but I'd rather have it sync, and to do so just using WMP or the Sync Center, no third party software.

How to Synchronize the Walkman With iTunes | eHow.com

Thanks, but in playing around I found another way. What the article describes is not really a way to sync music just a way to transfer music. I hate WMP almost as much as I hate iTunes, so it just dawned on me, Winamp! I imported my entire iTunes Library into Winamp and am using Winamp to sync. About 90% done synching right now, can’t wait to see how it all turned out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)