Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The system is acting "funky" at the moment and at times the system is getting very slow. I am looking into the issue trying to resolve it.

Thanks for your patience!

That's because I have restarted the server a few times. When it reboots its lightning quick for a few minutes then the CPU load goes up making it slow again...

Its very odd.

Still working on things...

I need to drive to work now... so it might get slow again while I am away from the PC.

This is my first priority when I get into my office. :)

Sorry for the issue guys. Everything was running well last night when I went to bed. It sucks to wake up to a broken site. ;)

Still working on things...

I got things a little better but NOT FIXED.

I am still plugging away.

Ok things are MUCH better now :)This one appeared to be caused by a maintenance script that a BUNCH of search bots were trying to index (and instead of indexing them, it was running the script!)So problem fixed with a .htaccess file so that the bots can't get in there anymore. :)Our server load was over 130 before, now its down to a much better 4, but that is still above where it normally is so I am still looking into things. :)

Also interesting there seems to have been a change to how the forum tools work. Instead of making a drop down menu when you click on forum tools, it pops you to the bottom of the page where the forum tools also exist. It also seems to have fixed the problem of showing new posts. I rather pop down to the bottom and have the new post button work properly than the drop down.

Also interesting there seems to have been a change to how the forum tools work. Instead of making a drop down menu when you click on forum tools, it pops you to the bottom of the page where the forum tools also exist. It also seems to have fixed the problem of showing new posts. I rather pop down to the bottom and have the new post button work properly than the drop down.
Interesting...

I cleared the .css cache as for some reason many of the graphics were not coming up.

Maybe that fixed those things. :)

The system has dropped back into normal levels again. :)Thanks for your patience!That was an interesting one!

No idea, and honestly I dont know if I want to fix it.

Just playing with it turning it on and off with it on the server load is 3.60, but when I turn it off the server load drops to 0.50! That vbseo was putting a hell of a load on our servers.

With it off the pages are loading faster then ever for me, which is a great thing. The bad thing that all the vbseo urls indexed dont work, but that is something that will auto correct itself over the next few days as the search engines reindex them.

I am in contact with the support team of vbseo and if they can figure things out and fix it I will consider reenabling it, but then I need to weight in the server load issue as well. (Who knows they might be able to fix that too.) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)