Tailgater Questions for the Dish Team

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rkassl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Wisconsin
Just setup up the Tailgater today for the first time. I did as you state, hook up cables, place in proper location with south exposure, turn on, set state and off it went.

First time was able to find 110 and 119. Went out and repositioned Tailgater rescanned and this time it said that all three, 110, 119 and 129 were identified.

Looked at system information and 110 and 119 were green, but 129 was orange? Check switch showed that all three were acquired. The average signal strength for 110 and 119 was less than 34. When I switch to 129 I could not get a locked message or signal strength?

What am I seeing here? I am very concerned about the signal strength. With my tripod and 500 right next to the Tailgater I can easily get an average of 65 to 70 with 110 and 119.

Do you sacrifice so much signal strength because the size of the dish inside the Tailgater?

I will reposition the Tailgater and experiment more tomorrow. All of this has taken place in my yard where I in he house 110 and 119 average 70% and 129 around 50%.

I am very concerned about what I am seeing so far, any advice you can share?

Thanks!

I'm not on the Dish Team but I do have a Tailgater and have been using a Dish 500. Yes, the reflector is very small and won't get as strong a signal. However, the 129 signal is on a different scale on the Tailgater than 110 and 119. Even when I get a strong signal on the 129, it only shows like 10 or so on the scale and is orange-like in color. It will lock around 10.

Much of your Tailgater performance depends on location. You've been getting good 110 and 119 signals, but don't know if you would get a good 129 signal even on a big dish. Let the DIRT guys know your location, zip code.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts