Tailgating/RV question

drmike

Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
MS
If I switch from direct to dish I will need upgraded home equipment and dish for HD anyway. I want to just keep the simple SD equipment in my rv. Will dish likely give me an SD receiver for my rv without hassle, and will my round single lnb directtv dish work with a dish SD receiver if they do furnish me with one?

Will dish likely give me an SD receiver for my rv without hassle, and will my round single lnb directtv dish work with a dish SD receiver if they do furnish me with one?
Probably not on both questions. You need to ask DISH how they will treat you.

Your single LNB dish will work with E* receivers to get a single satellite as a "legacy" LNBF. However, you likely want more than one satellite.

If I switch from direct to dish I will need upgraded home equipment and dish for HD anyway. I want to just keep the simple SD equipment in my rv. Will dish likely give me an SD receiver for my rv without hassle, and will my round single lnb directtv dish work with a dish SD receiver if they do furnish me with one?
Even if you get a 211 (K) from dish for a single tv. You can still use it on an SD tv. They're pretty much giving everyone HD equipment even if you don't have HD. I think future proofing everyone as to reduce future truck rolls. As far as using a Direct TV dish for Dish Network, I would find a 500 dish w/ a Dish Pro Plus LNBF. They are cheap enough to find and are fairy easy to tune. You will be much happier being able to see all sats you pay for.

Last edited: