Tailgating Satellite Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aroar

Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Oklahoma
For the last 4 years, I’ve used the same standard definition receiver and satellite to “complete the full manliness” of our tailgate set up. As I always do, I pull it out a few weeks before the first game and set it up at my house to run a test. I usually get the 722 code and have to call to have my receiver reactivated. This is usually a breeze and I’m fully operational within 10 minutes. When setting up my satellite yesterday, I’m able to pull 97% signal consistently from 119 degrees, transponder 29 (the same one I’ve used for years now). But, I cannot get a signal to come in. Direct TV Tech Support first told me I need some sort of filter to block the HD signal that is being sent. The second person told me that I’m probably off just a bit here or there and that’s why the signal is not coming in. Has something changed in the last year? I usually set it and dial in 119, 29 and am ready to rock. Any suggestions?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Can you tell us about the setup? What receiver, dish, lnb, etc.

If your doing Directv, you'll want to point at the 101 Sat.

Once you have signal, you can go to your D* account and refresh your recvr to reactivate signal, unless the recvr has been turned off for the time outside of the football season.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts