Taking the Plunge Tomorrow

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What kind of speed you getting on your DSL line?

2MB down 400K up. I know some on here are way faster, but being 12 miles from town, the speed is good, and finally getting off a 26K dial-up connection after 10 years, it's a whole new world! :D:up

I'm getting Access & Knowledge plus a couple others on my 405 on 107ku. In theory the *choice boxes will work on HITS. But I think the UID #'s are out of range for U.S. use per Motorola's rules.

Yes, these are the channels I received as well on 107.

DSR-410 Remote Control

Which remote control is used with the DSR-410 receiver?

The first is a General Instruments, but doesn't seem to work unless the batteries are dead. The second remote works, but has no "view" or "next" buttons. The third I like the best, because it has the "view" and "next" buttons, but I believe it goes with a Starchoice receiver.

Also attached is a spreadsheet I created for my wife and daughter to easily find the channels they want. It can be edited for your own needs.

Attachments

• X4 Programming.xls
    29 KB · Views: 345
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 324
Which remote control is used with the DSR-410 receiver?

The first is a General Instruments, but doesn't seem to work unless the batteries are dead. The second remote works, but has no "view" or "next" buttons. The third I like the best, because it has the "view" and "next" buttons, but I believe it goes with a Starchoice receiver.

Also attached is a spreadsheet I created for my wife and daughter to easily find the channels they want. It can be edited for your own needs.

The middle one.

Should be a IRC-427

Last edited:
The middle one.

Should be a IRC-427

No, it is a IRC-422. I fiqured out that the "future" button has the same function as the "next" button on the third remote. I also like the "browse" and "exit" buttons which aren't on the third remote. I'll use the IRC-422 remote since it has all the buttons and due to it's smaller size fits better in my hand.

Hello All I plan on Activating my 922 with either SRL or Skyvision but first if I use SRL I have to send them the first months payment in Advance then after that they will bill me Monthly.

I need to check with Skyvision and see if they do it the same way which I will do tomorrow.

I just got my 922 Last month off Ebay and have been testing it for the last week or so with the Free Stuff, I had a 920 but it won't come out of Warmup and I thought if I had to send it in to get it fixed I would be better off with a 922.

I have been a C-band Owner since the mid 90's and have always loved it, have had programming on both VC2 receiver and 4dtv receivers. I have also had Both Dishnet and Directv and neither compare to C-band.

I would of had a 922 years ago but could not afford it, and with how many times I have moved in the last 2 years it was not a option.

But now I can get my 922 going.

cbander said:
Hello All I plan on Activating my 922 with either SRL or Skyvision but first if I use SRL I have to send them the first months payment in Advance then after that they will bill me Monthly.

I need to check with Skyvision and see if they do it the same way which I will do tomorrow.

This is the "norm", you're paying in advance, for 4 weeks of programming.

AFAIK no one offers anything better than that, certainly not pizza dish!

PopcornNMore,

So what are your family's thoughts on the 410 and channel package so far???

Also thanks for the spreadsheet :)

This is the "norm", you're paying in advance, for 4 weeks of programming.

AFAIK no one offers anything better than that, certainly not pizza dish!

Ya I know the pizza dish doe not offer anything better that's why I don't have one anymore. I just have to see the easiest way for me to get the first payment to them then I will have a sub.

I call SRL on the phone and use my credit card #. I got my bill from DirecTV pizza today and it says that as of June 23rd my first year teaser is up and there preparing me for the big increase with little hints. Little Direct knows my plan but as of my anniversary date I will downgrade to their family pack and upgrade my bud sub. I was on the phone talking with Direct about my bill tonight and I kinda hinted I will be downgrading and adding stuff on my bud. Gave me a warm fuzzy feeling all over :D

Good to hear tvropro I do not have a Credit card so unless they take paypal, only other way I can pay is Money Order. Which makes it where I have to wait until the payment gets there to get programming on. One way or Another I am getting programming this Month.http://www.satelliteguys.us/member.php?u=69975

Good to hear tvropro I do not have a Credit card so unless they take paypal, only other way I can pay is Money Order. Which makes it where I have to wait until the payment gets there to get programming on. One way or Another I am getting programming this Month.

How about a prepaid Visa card or a Visa Debit card? just as good.

How about a prepaid Visa card or a Visa Debit card? just as good.

Good idea.

Look in the paper on Sunday must weeks you can get a greendot for free. Also westeren union has a card and i got 10 bucks free for just getting it search google.

Got to get this in "I never leave home without my American Express it is by far the best cc company period they just take care of their customers weather its a charge you disagree with or you forget about your anniversary dinner (opps) and need help planing or if your in nyc, las etc... and want show tickets or what to eat some place that's all booked that day amex will come Thur. OK enough of the amex brain washing they really got me.

PopcornNMore,

So what are your family's thoughts on the 410 and channel package so far???

Also thanks for the spreadsheet :)

So far it's been a hard sell. I showed them how to switch the input on the TV to view the 410 programming and created the channel spreadsheet which I laminated and placed on the coffee table. However, every time they watch TV the Dish Network remote gets picked up. I on the other hand have been enjoying it very much and would like to keep on subscribing to the service.

I get questions like "Why don't we get ABC Family, Disney, Nickelodeon or TLC?", "Why can't we record any programming?", "Can we pause the show?", "Do we get the same programming in the bedrooms?", etc.

To top things off our Dish Network dish got whacked out of alignment during the winter and every show (live or recorded) breaks up so badly during the programming and they STILL want to watch Dish Network. Go figure! :)

Maybe I'll put on The Cooking Channel some night and perhaps my wife will join me and comment on how good the video looks. I also want to combine the RF output (channel 3) with the MOD output of the Dish Network VIP722 receiver, so that at least 1 channel from the 410 receiver can be seen in other rooms on analog TV's. Then we could at least select a channel and then go into the bedroom to watch it. I'm also looking into a UHF remote or adding an RF extender.

Little Direct knows my plan but as of my anniversary date I will downgrade to their family pack and upgrade my bud sub.

This is exactly what I'll be doing with Dish Network. I'll downgrade to their Welcome Package ($14.95) just so my wife and daughter can still record some programming and have access to it in the bedrooms. Then I'll upgrade the BUD to the Deluxe Digital Package.

I looked at the DirecTV Family Package details. Out of those channels, I suppose only DIY, HGTV and NatGeo would suit my needs. Not much else of interest for the money. Even the SRL Pick 10 is more appealing for the $21.99.

It's funny how DirecTV and Dish Network don't show these "Family Packages" on their websites and seem to hide the fact that they even exist.

It's funny how DirecTV and Dish Network don't show these "Family Packages" on their websites and seem to hide the fact that they even exist.

I think they pull them out to save a sub if they lost a job or say they are canceling because of the high cost.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)