Taxes & Fees for Tampa Bay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scroll

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
I'm curious about something. I'm in Pinellas County and my zip code is shared with 2 cities (Kenneth City & St. Pete) and the unincorporated county. When I first got internet service I was told I had to pay a small monthly additional fee if I listed my billing address as county but nothing extra if I chose one of the 2 cities.

I'm now mulling over adding the digital tier video service just to boost my internet speeds. I hate that. And my money is very tight these days. So which address option will cost me least in additional fees?

well that doesnt quite make sense out of their part.

it really should not matter. but just give them the 33709 zip code, bhn for my street tends to love using kenneth city.

I dont live either in kenneth or saint pete, i live in the unincorporated spot also, called lealman or some crap. BUT 95 percent of our mails comes as saint pete address, bhn is the only one as kenneth city.

so i would just call em, and trully not even bother with mentioning about this "unincorporated bs", just give them your address as usual and that you live in kenneth city no more or less... i am assuming u live along 54th ave across from kenneth city side, or if you are more towards the pinelas park side, just use saint pete.

ask them for the 108 a month special if money is tight, thought it is a decent package, includes OF COURSE cable/phone/internet, and from there u can add any other special deals along with the 108 a month deal, if any, but for 15 bucks more u get 20 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up,

just giving you an idea. with 2 regular hd boxes and no premiums *i dont use it* and no hd pack included *also dont need it for now* with taxes and fees, it comes out to 140 rounded out. i believe thats a very decent price for all i been getting.

good luck.

Lealman here also. Yea, it's that $140 that's the problem!

I currently have DBS for - get this - $17 a month (Essentials Service, locals, and Cinemax) and the internet is $34.95. I was told that I could go up to the 10 Mbps with the required Digital Tier for $99 plus taxes & fees.

They told me I could have an HD receiver for no extra cost, but I take it that means little without "an additional fee" for HD programming. I don't need the DVR because I'm stuck in a 1 1/2 year remaining Tivo contract and the 2nd Tivo is only $6.95.

And that IS just it. It's really pushing it for me at $99 but $140 is beyond me. I have Vonage with 2 lines for $30 a month which I am fine with except I'm becoming starved for upload bandwidth due to video streaming my home security cameras. You have no idea what peace of mind those cameras give me, especially when I'm out of town!

Knology only goes to 512K on the upload side and I'm dubious of Verizon DSL and it's commitment period because I am stuck in the middle of 2 CO boxes and previously was told I couldn't get DSL at all because it was just too far each way. But now they claim they are 100% certain I could get the 3 Mbps/ 768 Kbps connection, which again I am dubious of because many folks who seem to know what they're talking about still say it's still more a case by case situation. But if true when FIOS gets here it would only be like $5 more than I pay now and would supposedly have 2 Mbps upload.

So I just don't know. The cable programming I really don't have a need for, but this being the rainy season cable would be nice to have I guess, though signal loss has decreased a lot through the years. Not near as bad as it used to be. But that's really the only upside I see.

BHN does not charge for the basic HD programming. Depends on the area but you could get anywhere from 20 to 40 HD channels at no extra cost.

I understand what you are saying.

why wouln't you just have a service running all together? instead of having to pay for small services with other companies. that at the end, u are somewhat paying more.

if you need bandwith, especially upload, then the packages with bhn would suit you best, there just isnt any other way of doing it, with your price range.

fios isnt around YET for this area. so that will take a while, for even us to give it a thought of even giving them a try.

vonage, being honest with you, might have problems because they arent making any good profit. so they might b out of business. if i stand wrong, mybad.

but with the same money you would spend on vonage/extra boxes, etc. u could put it all together, once again, on a bhn package. and u might brake even and or even save some money. and that would b on an even better system.

as mentioned before. u do get MANY and lil by lil they do add more. free hd channels. *those u pay for, arent quite all that anyways* so paying 6 bucks for like 4 channels, for now, isnt quite worth it.

as for premiums, I am not sure what i could tell ya. I am not sure if u have called, but u can call again, and ask what are the best deals, available with your specific needs.

why wouln't you just have a service running all together? instead of having to pay for small services with other companies. that at the end, u are somewhat paying more.

The all BHN option would cost more for less services. Right off the Cinemax would be like $13 more by itself. And the BHN phone can't give me an out of state 2nd line for $15 and the ability to ring my cell simultaneously. I don't need most of the cable channels and some DBS channels I enjoy aren't available by BHN.

The all BHN option would cost more for less services. Right off the Cinemax would be like $13 more by itself. And the BHN phone can't give me an out of state 2nd line for $15 and the ability to ring my cell simultaneously. I don't need most of the cable channels and some DBS channels I enjoy aren't available by BHN.

yea thats true. are u running dish by anychance? if so what deals u got. jw

Dish Essentials Service, locals & Cinemax for about $17. Covers all I really need.

I still hate that FL charges like about 13% tax for DBS service. It was added as part of the telephone reform act, of all things. :mad:

$9.99 Essentials Service
$4.99 locals (I think)
Cinemax free

Dish Essentials Service, locals & Cinemax for about $17. Covers all I really need.

I still hate that FL charges like about 13% tax for DBS service. It was added as part of the telephone reform act, of all things. :mad:

$9.99 Essentials Service
$4.99 locals (I think)
Cinemax free

not bad, I am not sure if I have properly searched. do you have a site where this service is being offered. I would like to give it a look.

thanks in advance =-)

These deals have been discussed many times in the Dish forum here. Which offer(s) might you be interested in? You probably won't be able to get the Essentials Service tier (not to be confused with HD Essentials) but probably not as a new sub and the SkinMax for a penny you just have to have auto billing & payment.

I considered maybe taking the HD only tier instead but it was like $30 plus this and plus that. It's all those "pluses" that turned me off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts