TBS HD is Coming

Cool, now add it in the area with 2 teams about to make the playoffs instead of an area with no teams....

I shiver with excitement.. 2 whole channels? my goodness.. in 3 months the entire country will have a choice to have over 50 HDs channels from Dish or Direct, OR choose a portion of those via Comcast's selection of channels that they think you need.

Comcast better step up to the plate fast... Low # of channels doesn't exite the general public, they want to see # of channels.. Not to mention have comcast stop "counting" HD on-demand shows as a "channel"...

I shiver with excitement.. 2 whole channels? my goodness.. in 3 months the entire country will have a choice to have over 50 HDs channels from Dish or Direct, OR choose a portion of those via Comcast's selection of channels that they think you need.

Comcast better step up to the plate fast... Low # of channels doesn't exite the general public, they want to see # of channels.. Not to mention have comcast stop "counting" HD on-demand shows as a "channel"...

Take your cable bashing elsewhere you dishiot... this is the Comcast forum.

It'll be interesting to see how this is handled here in the Atlanta area. We've had WTBS-HD for a while (all upconverted SD), however with the re-naming and spinning off of the local channel to WPCH it'll be interesting to see if we get both WPCH-HD and TBS-HD.

Take your cable bashing elsewhere you dishiot... this is the Comcast forum.

I don't have a dish, I have Comcast.. thanks for asking... I'm stating a fact about Comcast, they are going to be in a lot of hurt if they don't do something. I'm all for Comcast's superior PQ, but people are going to see the # of channels as the reason to switch..

It'll be interesting to see how this is handled here in the Atlanta area. We've had WTBS-HD for a while (all upconverted SD), however with the re-naming and spinning off of the local channel to WPCH it'll be interesting to see if we get both WPCH-HD and TBS-HD.

What I heard was that 807 is going away completely, WPCH has no intentions to do any HD. No mention of TBS HD, although if WPCH doesn't need the channel slot I'd just put the national TBS feed on 807. Too bad... the WTBS HD Braves games always looked great...

Comcast has added any HD in Seattle for months! They say more is coming but don't know.... WHO, WHAT, HOW, WHEN, or WHERE!!! I've you're adding channels elsewhere and all they say is each area is different, and OH WELL! I've told them once I see D* adding channels I'm gone, they say, we don't want to loose you, I say get off your duffs and start adding HD channels!:mad:

What I heard was that 807 is going away completely, WPCH has no intentions to do any HD. No mention of TBS HD, although if WPCH doesn't need the channel slot I'd just put the national TBS feed on 807. Too bad... the WTBS HD Braves games always looked great...

No HD for WPCH? I'd be surprised since they're already broadcasting a digital signal. I did get a message on my box a few days ago that TBS was moving to channel 39 at the end of the month.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with 7 (likely just becoming WPCH) and 807 (hmmmmm... WPCH-HD or TBS-HD?).

I don't have a dish, I have Comcast.. thanks for asking... I'm stating a fact about Comcast, they are going to be in a lot of hurt if they don't do something. I'm all for Comcast's superior PQ, but people are going to see the # of channels as the reason to switch..

Comcast is adding HD as quickly as they can generate bandwidth by eliminating analog simulcasts, moving analogs to digital only tiers and signing carraige contracts. Mind you, every cable and satellite provider has to negotiate with the networks to carry those new HD channels... this eats up a LOT of time.

Now implementing SDV will make all the difference bandwidth-wise.

Comcast is adding HD as quickly as they can generate bandwidth by eliminating analog simulcasts, moving analogs to digital only tiers and signing carraige contracts. Mind you, every cable and satellite provider has to negotiate with the networks to carry those new HD channels... this eats up a LOT of time.

Now implementing SDV will make all the difference bandwidth-wise.

Agreed, here in Southern NH they aren't moving very fast.. We've still got tons of West/Pacific channels, the head end is getting their feed for all channels under 25 via an antenna (no joke... I've had conversations w/multiple comcast techs in the area).

My concern is that Comcast is going to loose customers if they don't move faster; agreed the systems are old and need help/upgrades. But Comcast's hiding in the cave mentality regarding this isn't going to fly. D* is kicking butt by pre-announcing and displaying channel logos.

In my perfect world I'd have comcast for PQ, and a HD Only package from D* (probably not going to fly)..

-t

Comcast of Central NJ is adding TBS-HD on 10/3 on channel 220. Now, since I'm in Comcast of NJ II, in the same county as some of the places that are getting TBS HD, what are my odds of getting it?

Just had TBS HD turned on in Shreveport, La. We are typically very late on channels. I might actually like Comcast better than Time Warner now that they have switched :)

Yep - the bastard child know as Adelphia gets neglected by Comcast...we'll be lucky to see those stations...

Just called Comcast in Boca/Delray Florida to find out if we'd get TBS HD for the playoffs. The answer was no, even though they just got the HD channel on Comcast about 3 miles from my house in Broward COunty.

Kind of makes me wonder.

We've had it since it was available since we live in TBS home turf.

We had WTBS-Channel7 and WTBS-HD on 807. With the call letter change and split of WTBS and TBS, we now have WPCH-Channel7, TBS-Channel 39 and TBS-HD on 807.

TBS-HD was added in the SF Bay Area (735). I just noticed it last night. It could have been added the night before. For some reason the put it in between the movie channels.

It actually lit up on Tuesday night. It is in between the movie channels because they are going to realign channels later on and the movie channels will move up to the higher 700s. This will allow room for many more HD channels coming down the pipe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts