Team Summit 2022 Wrap Up Video!

So you want power windows on your Yugo?
Nah, I just want confirmation from Dish that PIP is not coming to Wally. As it is, whenever I press the PIP button on the remote, I get the Attention 1003 pop-up "This is not an active feature." Note that it does not say that the Wally is not capable of PIP, merely that the feature has not been activated. That is a huge difference, so some more clarity is needed.

After this many years, I really don't expect PIP to ever get added to the existing Wallys. What I really want to see is for Dish to add PIP and every other feature they can (4K, HDR, Google Play integration, etc.) into the next generation of Wally. Even the ViP222k does PIP, and that model is not even capable of being turned into a DVR. Why should that model get PIP while Wally doesn't?

I have H3 and older Joey 4k
The Joey 4k does not show 4k HDR programming.

Does the new Joey 4 show the HDR 540s programming?
Is the new Joey 4 HDR dependent on H3PLUS?
or will the Joey 4 HDR show the HDR 540s while connected to the H3?

Is the new Joey 4 HDR dependent on H3PLUS?
or will the Joey 4 HDR show the HDR 540s while connected to the H3?
I think I can answer this part. Dish is requiring all of the new Joey 4's (and Wireless Joey 4's) to be connected to a Hopper that also has the Hopper+ installed. I believe this is because every Hopper and Joey in the system needs to have the same interface (in this case, the new Android interface) in order to work.

My Harmony 650 works with my Hopper 3.
But it won't work well with a Hopper+ or Joey 4 or Wireless Joey4...
Yeah, apparently you need a voice remote that has the Google Assistant, such as the 50.0 or the 54-series. I still would like to see someone verify that the 50.0 works properly with these. The touchpad on the 50.0 could make the compatibility a little wonky. I have read reports about the 50.0 not working properly at first with other new features that were introduced in the past, such as the ability to purchase (as opposed to rent) On Demand events, due to this difference compared to the other models. Those issues were later fixed though. When I get my Hopper+, I'll test this myself, since I now have a 50.0 remote to play with.

Reactions: charlesrshell
What is the latest on the Hopper+?
I had an attempt by a knowledgeable installer today. He tried 2 different Hopper+ boxes, neither of which would work. Apparently they are Not Ready For Primetime. 2 hours of wasted time for him and me. He stated right upfront that they have many issues, and unfortunately that is true. I am very disappointed.

I had an attempt by a knowledgeable installer today. He tried 2 different Hopper+ boxes, neither of which would work. Apparently they are Not Ready For Primetime. 2 hours of wasted time for him and me. He stated right upfront that they have many issues, and unfortunately that is true. I am very disappointed.
You must be in a trial area for him to have boxes.
Must be one of these markets, unless more have been added to the list since then:
It was released for early testing in some markets. I am not sure if Dish is still doing that, but it may not hurt to go ahead and call them to ask. Compiled from a list posted on the other site, and another thread on this site, those markets were/are:
Atlanta, Denver, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, and Seattle.

No updated release date yet.
Of course not, there would not be any update until at least tomorrow. ;)
Give it another day, guys! This is only the 19th, which is firmly mid-July. It would need to be at least in the 20's in order to be late July. (Yes, I am getting into semantics, and squabbling over a single day's difference in timing.) :biggrin

Actually, I misremembered earlier when I said it would be late July. Here is the exact quote:
Any word on when the Hopper Plus will be available?

From Team Summit they said its coming in Mid to the End of July.
So, we have all the way until July 31st to wait for any update. :biggrin

Reactions: charlesrshell