Team Summit Discussion Thread

That is 1PM in Denver. Not exactly this evening. What time does evening start in Eastern Time. Figure that out and add two hours.

alexgmny said:
I am at work, so I am not able to check if the new HD channels are on. Anybody at home or able to check (every hour?) when the channels are up? (IF they indeed launched today)

Time to buy a Slingbox. :)

Scott,

Any word on when Detroit HD locals will go live?
What about Cleveland HD locals -- will they also be on 119k and when will they go live?

alexgmny said:
I am at work, so I am not able to check if the new HD channels are on. Anybody at home or able to check (every hour?) when the channels are up? (IF they indeed launched today)

Someone will post as soon as they're spotted... no worries on that : )

Scott Greczkowski said:
Just left the Lttleton Call center and was impressed with it and how nice it was. This center handles advanced tech support.

I was amazed how laid back it was I was expecting to see CSRs ripping their hair out wanting to jump out the windows.

I was also amazed to see how much training these guys go through.

I also had a good time hanging out and talking to the Technical Operations staff.

For me talking with these folks about how we can better work together and me having a better understanding of what they do and them having a better understanding of what I do has been the highlight of the trip so far.

Charlie Ergen has some very good people working for him. It was great to finally meet them and talk to them.

Got some photos from this facility and will post them later.

We are now headed to the Dish Network Headquarters.

More later

Sounds great. When can we expect them to be migrated into Dish's phone support staff?

waltinvt said:
Sounds great. When can we expect them to be migrated into Dish's phone support staff?

Funny Walt. :D

I don't know if it's proximity or luck but I get connected to the Colorado call center pretty often (especially if I call in the AM) and I can tell the difference right away. It's too bad the other centers aren't up to the same level. I've never had a bad experience with them.

NightRyder

I'm guessing DishCOMM and X10 aren't going to get along very well. I have one X10 controlled lightswitch now and would like to add more in the future. If I get a 622 I wonder if that will be possible?

NightRyder said:
Funny Walt. :D

I don't know if it's proximity or luck but I get connected to the Colorado call center pretty often (especially if I call in the AM) and I can tell the difference right away. It's too bad the other centers aren't up to the same level. I've never had a bad experience with them.

NightRyder

In all honesty, I've had some good experiences with them also.

I'm also thinking there's a site in Va or WVa that has a few good techs too.

Unlike you however, my luck of the draw isn't as good:D

I can't remember any bad experience with an advanced tech contact. I can't remember any good experience when my call is routed offshore.

waltinvt said:
In all honesty, I've had some good experiences with them also.

I'm also thinking there's a site in Va or WVa that has a few good techs too.

Unlike you however, my luck of the draw isn't as good:D

I have had good experiences too, mostly when I get the support from VA...

Any update on when these new HD channels are going live?

dlsnyder said:
I'm guessing DishCOMM and X10 aren't going to get along very well. I have one X10 controlled lightswitch now and would like to add more in the future. If I get a 622 I wonder if that will be possible?
They will and wont work well together.

However since 99.9% of the time DishComm is not doing it should really never interfere with X10. (Its only used when a receiver needs to call out to Dish)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I was told be a few Dish People that the new channels went live this morning. I have no way of checking it from here.
I am home and I have just checked and nada, they are not there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts