Team Summit Discussion Thread

sonnyboy11 said:
Nintendo claimed during E3 that the reason Wii will not have anything above 480p is because the majority of TVs people own cannot do higher resolutions. It's like these large companies are either completely misinformed, in total denial, or they just like making excuses for why they are doing things on the cheap. Could be all three.

Honestly, most people DON'T CARE. It took me a long time of bashing my head against this impenetrable brick wall to realize that most people:
1)Don't care what it sound like... Do it boom?
2)Don't care what it looks like as long as it does the job well
3)Want "the cheapest".

It's just that simple. Until a 1920x1080i plasma screen is in 80% of the homes with every owner screaming for content and voting with their wallets and viewing choices (ratings, media sales, etc) this is the kind of reaction most companies will have. They will provide the best adequecy can give and no more. :)

What makes it really sad is that, once again, most people will NEVER NOTICE. They just don't care.

See ya
Tony

gutter said:
I wish I could find the link but I recall that VOOM confimed last year that DISH requested they down rez and that it was not their idea. Then all this fiber talk was given as the reason. It would be so nice if DISH would release a clear statement rather than whisper "VOOM did it" in the back hallways. What does DISH have to hide by stating it publically. And the statement that a slight down rez will hardly be noticed is another way of saying. "It's good enoufh for most of the turkeys who sub."

Oh FIOS...please come to my area. Bring the god of truth.
Here is one that implicates VOOM as the culprit: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=379877&postcount=38 - still searching for other posts.

TNGTony said:
Honestly, most people DON'T CARE.

...and unfortunately, those people include the E* executives. They could give a sh!t less about "True HD" and what resolution any of us want/expect the channels in. They've demonstrated this over and over the last year.

DWS44 said:
...and unfortunately, those people include the E* executives. They could give a sh!t less about "True HD" and what resolution any of us want/expect the channels in. They've demonstrated this over and over the last year.
What are they watching?

...their bank accounts swell...

Hey scott, without telling us which hotel it is (you can if you want...), is it one of these Sage Hospitality staffed ones?

Denver - JW Marriott Denver (Cherry Creek)
Denver - The Oxford Hotel (Downtown)
Denver - Courtyard by Marriott (Downtown)
Denver - Executive Tower Hotel (Downtown)
Denver - Residence Inn City Center (Downtown)
Denver - TownePlace Suites by Marriott (Downtown)
Denver - TownePlace Suites by Marriott Southeast
Denver - TownePlace Suites by Marriott DTC

TNGTony said:
<snip>....
What makes it really sad is that, once again, most people will NEVER NOTICE. They just don't care.

See ya
Tony

Agreed - and many of the rest are in denial and just don't want to see it.

Neither "E" nor "D" will ever provide any more than what it takes to keep customers. That's a given. The really sad part is "E" will almost always lie or spin the truth and "D" will almost always say and do nothing. Neither has the balls to just say it like it is and move on.

I wish the Moderators would move all the blatant bitching for the sake of bitching to Bitching Thread. Constructive Criticism is fine (in moderation).

This could be the best, most informative thread for the next few days and you want stop complaining long enough to enjoy it.

Go ahead justify your Killing of every thread. :mad:

sonnyboy11 said:
I am certainly stoked that we are getting more HD content tomorrow. But this down-ressing stuff continues to be a thorn in our sides. I dunno where they get their info from, but at least they are not as bad as Nintendo. Nintendo claimed during E3 that the reason Wii will not have anything above 480p is because the majority of TVs people own cannot do higher resolutions. It's like these large companies are either completely misinformed, in total denial, or they just like making excuses for why they are doing things on the cheap. Could be all three.

Its not that hard to understand that the majority of people in the world are still using CRT sets because of the cost to get an hd set of comparable size and because most people are sensible enough to not go and spend the money to only get a handful of hd content.

dslate69 said:
I wish the Moderators would move all the blatant bitching for the sake of bitching to Bitching Thread. Constructive Criticism is fine (in moderation).

This could be the best, most informative thread for the next few days and you want stop complaining long enough to enjoy it.

swissin said:
Grrreat pics Scott hope to hear more.

Agree stop the B on this thread..

Since these kind requests come from long time veterns and supporters of this group, I feel I have no choice but to defer to their obvious wisdom and put a tighter reign on my apparently unwelcomed critiques. Better yet, maybe I'll just crawl back into the "Pit" where I belong. Care to join me Tony?

TNGTony said:
Tony

It's sadder than that.... many of those who 'NOTICE' don't care. I can't tell you how many friends come to my home theater (Runco projection, 100" Stewart Filmscreen, Lexicon processing, OTA and E* HD) and are 'amazed'..... then run home and are happy to watch their 27" standard def TV's... only a few have actually taken the step to get HD sets and one of them thinks that watching 16x9 stretched SD on an HD set is actually true HD because it 'fills' the screen. Even with HD sets well under $1000, they still don't bite. All in all, it makes what these forums do more important... our minority must be vocal and must shake the HD trees or there would be no voice for HD hardly at all.....

waltinvt said:
Since these kind requests come from long time veterns and supporters of this group, I feel I have no choice but to defer to their obvious wisdom and put a tighter reign on my apparently unwelcomed critiques. Better yet, maybe I'll just crawl back into the "Pit" where I belong. Care to join me Tony?

Way to go Walt and Tony, now the newbies are all upset. ;) :D

dslate69 said:

Redrum....Redrum...Redrum......:devil:

NightRyder

They are opening the floor at 11 PM ??? Does that seem weird to anyone besides me?

If you can, get an update on the 622 external HDD support.

Thanks

NightRyder said:
Way to go Walt and Tony, now the newbies are all upset. ;) :D

Redrum....Redrum...Redrum......:devil:

NightRyder

See.....they just didn't have the experience to realize that Scott would probably start a new thread anyway as soon as things started happening.

I tell ya, it's tough being a parent somedays.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts