Team Summit General Assembly Notes

Top secret. It's been noticed more than once how E* doesn't make claims(very much) they just add stuff outta the blue. Tvpredictions.com said that E* had been unusually silent lately with scoop.

I like to see all go and no show better than the all show and no go of my previous provider.

That all sounds great, but after re-reading last year's notes to remind myself about what wasn't delivered since then, I think I'm going to take a wait-and-see attitude and not get real excited right now.....

Yeah I agree on wait see big thing will be see what happens in 2009 since thats the new deadline everything being digital.

...see what happens in 2009 since thats the new deadline everything being digital.
The only thing related to Dish is that the stations they now have carriage agreements with will have to be re-done as the channels they're currently carrying will cease to exist.

As a previous D* customer I completely understand empty promises. I can see where hardware rolls out slowly, or where we might not see the external hdd until end of 07 instead of summer, but to announce two sats by Dec seems a little ballzy if you didn't have a plan.

So you are saying that all national hd channels will stay on 61.5 and 129 like today and that the two new mpeg4 satellites will move to the same locations as the mpeg 2 are today? Like a mpeg 2sat at 110 and a mpeg4 sat right next to it , and the same for 119? IF so then there is no reason to change out the sat dishes or to repoint them to another location.

Hate to quote myself, but Scott can you clarify what I ask in the above quote? Is Dish going to put the two new satellites in the same spots as they are today or in different slots?

Yeah maybe just depends on how they did their agreements. I would think in most cases both parties are aware of this so you would think this would be covered in their agreements. Which is something that the stations would half to do with every TV Provider just not Dish.

Yeah at some point in the future we will be back to one format which will be HD and SD will go away. So carrying SD channels will not be a issue do to your Networks will make the switch over. Not that this will happen anytime soon but the day will come. So the need of carrying a SD version and a HD version of a channel will go away which will free up tons of space.
NOPE everything will be DIGITAL. There is no garuntee or requirement that local OTA broadcasters have to broadcast in HD

Qam Qbox

what is this?

QAM QBOX

will i be able to hook my insight cable yo my 211 and use qam tuner for my local hd stations?

Yes SD channels will also be MPEG4, EVERYTHING in MPEG4 on the new satellites.

Scott. It's a probably a little early for this since it's "top secret", but it'd sure be nice to know their launch plans since I havent seen a E* sat on any of the launch schedule sites. Could be missing it though or they have been intentionally left off for the surprise.

Edit 16:28: Did find a proton rocket AMC 14 set for December

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)