Team Summit - Keynote Address - 2PM ET

It's things like this that make people curse the FCC for not applying the standards for cable to all pay-tv providers (i.e. clear QAM (or the satco equivalent) and cable cards for equipment that would work with all providers).

Hmmm. Remember when Echostar was trying to sell receivers to cable companies? Maybe they should just put out a Hopper with a cable card slot and do an end-run around those guys.

3) if I own a implementable device, such as a TV, or remote viewing display such as a phone, tablet or computer, service is included on it under the hopper fee.

Or an owned Joey!

I think it would be better (if they are going to charge) to have a one time, reasonable, per-account "Smart TV Access" fee like they used to do for EHD users. However, I doubt there will be no fee at all.

This is similar to what DTV does with their Genie and not needing a receiver on Samsung TVs (RVU built in devices). They charge a monthly fee for those, even though there is no DTV equipment.

This is similar to what DTV does with their Genie and not needing a receiver on Samsung TVs (RVU built in devices). They charge a monthly fee for those, even though there is no DTV equipment.

Is all pure revenue for the satellite companies when they do this. So are additional receiver fees, dvr fees, hd fees , tv 2 fees, no phone connection fees, etc.

Vivek getting ready to play some soccer at the Dish Latino area.

image-1233339859.jpg

Hmm that Wineguard dish gets BOTH Western and Eastern Arc! It must be bigger then the tailgater in order to get the Eastern Arc.

Cost compared to Tailgater? eg- 150%, 200% etc

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It seems to be sitting in a bowl-shaped mount. Is it automatic like the tailgater?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts